• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2023 Toyota GR86
A nightlite in the 120 vote plug does the same thing. Disables constantly.
doesn't work on the 6g at least the Raptor
Sponsored

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Retired
Most of the time AS/S doesn't bother me, but I hate it when I park my truck. When I come to a stop the truck shuts off before I can put it in park. Then I put in park and the truck starts, then have to I shut it off.
It would be worth $100 to me just to eliminate that scenario.
Another feature that is bothersome while parking is Auto Hold. Great in traffic, but a pain when pulling into a tight garage. Wish it was activate by a pump on the brakes like some other vehicles, instead of through the menu.

OP
OP
nswilliams

nswilliams

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat 4/19/24
Occupation
Senior Research Engineer
Another feature that is bothersome while parking is Auto Hold. Great in traffic, but a pain when pulling into a tight garage. Wish it was activate by a pump on the brakes like some other vehicles, instead of through the menu.
I have same issue. I just lightly press gas pedal and then brake to move for few inches. Was hoping there is a temporary override workaround.

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Cyber Security
I thought I read a few years ago on the 5G forum, that if you plug a wall wart into the AC outlet, that will keep the "shut down" process from being active at a stop.

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought I read a few years ago on the 5G forum, that if you plug a wall wart into the AC outlet, that will keep the "shut down" process from being active at a stop.
Doesn't work on the 6G at least Raptor

Sponsored

craigc

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Pump the brakes is by far the best auto hold feature. I will miss that when I trade in my Mercedes that has it. I wonder if there are patent issues that prevent other manufacturers from having it. Works much better than the auto hold as you have control as to when it activates.

Bob W

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
After installing the 4DTECH $100 auto start/stop eliminator kit on my 24 Lariat Ranger, it works! It just remembers the last status of button press. Say, you turn it off via auto start/stop button, it will remain off on next engine start. It is easy to install by removing passenger storage bin and add bypass kit on right side.

More info: https://www.4dtech.com/ranger-2024-start-stop-eliminator/

It is difficult to unplug from computer box due to hard to reach with small space. Took me 5 mins to unplug, then after that, it is easy to add.
On my 2020 Ranger I unplugged the little wire from the negative terminal to eliminate the auto stop feature. That was over 3 years ago and never had a problem. Someone also on this thread mentioned he did the same. I have a 2024 Ranger on order, does anyone know if the same power setup to the auto shutdown is still the same? It was a cheap (free) fix to get the job done. I found this solution on a Google search when I bought the truck.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Retired
Install video was just posted so you can see how it is installed:

Really great job on video. Wish I had seen it yesterday before my install. I had an identical experience with install. Oh to be left handed or to have locking tab on front side of connector.

I ordered on Tuesday and received on Friday with free shipping. Very quick turnaround.

My only complaint with instructions was the mention of a link to a video that was not on the page.

Appreciate your taking the time to share and the tip on the display at the end.

OP
OP
nswilliams

nswilliams

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat 4/19/24
Occupation
Senior Research Engineer
Really great job on video. Wish I had seen it yesterday before my install. I had an identical experience with install. Oh to be left handed or to have locking tab on front side of connector.

I ordered on Tuesday and received on Friday with free shipping. Very quick turnaround.

My only complaint with instructions was the mention of a link to a video that was not on the page.

Appreciate your taking the time to share and the tip on the display at the end.
The install video was made by someone else not me. It was just posted and wanted to share here. Sorry for the confusion.

Sponsored

TractorFixer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT
After installing the 4DTECH $100 auto start/stop eliminator kit on my 24 Lariat Ranger, it works! It just remembers the last status of button press. Say, you turn it off via auto start/stop button, it will remain off on next engine start. It is easy to install by removing passenger storage bin and add bypass kit on right side.

It is difficult to unplug from computer box due to hard to reach with small space. Took me 5 mins to unplug, then after that, it is easy to add.
Thanks for posting about this product. I ordered then installed one in my ranger over the weekend. Appreciate the heads-up on the connector, still a quick install.

Works perfect and I'm glad to not press press the disable button every time the truck is started.

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
There is a switch in the settings menu that allows you to turn that off. The hill hold function continues to work properly with it switched off.

krammer66

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2020 Lariat
Occupation
semi-retired

I disabled my 2020 Ranger for FREE, the video is on YouTube, not kit is needed.

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I disabled my 2020 Ranger for FREE, the video is on YouTube, not kit is needed.
There are things like the nightlight trick which work with the 5G. They do not work with the 6G.
Sponsored