First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
Like said unless they disabled the variable voltage system then it's not running that high of a voltage all the time. There's an easy way for you to check and I can promise you most likely your custom tune did not disable it
Why can’t you believe that it could be manipulated by custom tuning just like the other stuff? Is the variable voltage system so sacred that it can’t be altered? We do it all the time man.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Why can’t you believe that it could be manipulated by custom tuning just like the other stuff? Is the variable voltage system so sacred that it can’t be altered? We do it all the time man.
I take it you have very poor reading comprehension? As I've already stated unless it's been disabled the variable voltage system will regulate the maximum voltage that fuel pump's going to run. There's no magical transformer in the fuel pump module that would increase the voltage to the fuel pump.

OP
OP
MY23RANGER

MY23RANGER

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 XLT Ranger black edition 2wd
Occupation
Ford Tech
ohhh boy what did I start! lol

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
I take it you have very poor reading comprehension? As I've already stated unless it's been disabled the variable voltage system will regulate the maximum voltage that fuel pump's going to run. There's no magical transformer in the fuel pump module that would increase the voltage to the fuel pump.
It’s not disabled. An alternator can make additional voltage right? It’s manipulated by the tune to make as much voltage as it can at wot, it then uses that voltage for the pump. It’s very simple and my comprehension is quite fine. The charging system, just like the fuel system can be adjusted in the tune. It’s not disabled but broadened in its capacity.

OP
OP
MY23RANGER

MY23RANGER

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 XLT Ranger black edition 2wd
Occupation
Ford Tech
My basic reason for the upgrade was to get it built, so we the ranger crowd could upgrade if we so deemed it necessary, now the upgrade is available thru DW fuel systems.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
It’s not disabled. An alternator can make additional voltage right? It’s manipulated by the tune to make as much voltage as it can at wot, it then uses that voltage for the pump. It’s very simple and my comprehension is quite fine. The charging system, just like the fuel system can be adjusted in the tune. It’s not disabled but broadened in its capacity.
If you feel that's how it works then please go ahead and prove it. We would all love to see the data showing it does just that.

As a reminder my 2019 Ranger was tuned I Livernois and never did what you're talking about. Even at wide open throttle system voltage would still be wherever the PCM chose which was usually not above 14 volts
Sponsored