Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
I do but it's digital. One of my few complaints about the ranger is the whole right side of the gauges is wasted with either navigation or entertainment.
I use the trucks nav, so I do like having that there. And with a press of the enter (?) Button, it will update the trip progress by voice.

Frank
Sponsored

OP
OP
subquark

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
A little cooler, on our way to -10 ... tire pressure dropped a bit more.

IMG_20230203_205122587.jpg

Don't be jealous of my fancy center console! =p
IMG_20230203_205153782.jpg

-108? You're house would break apart. :shock:
It got to -12 last night and our new boiler can't keep up with our uninsulated house. We usually keep it at 68-69 but it couldn't get warmer than 62 until the sun came out. It's now 64 and will get back to normal by the evening as temps climb through the day and night to 44 tomorrow.

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
A little cooler, on our way to -10 ... tire pressure dropped a bit more.

IMG_20230203_205122587.jpg

Don't be jealous of my fancy center console! =p
IMG_20230203_205153782.jpg

It got to -12 last night and our new boiler can't keep up with our uninsulated house. We usually keep it at 68-69 but it couldn't get warmer than 62 until the sun came out. It's now 64 and will get back to normal by the evening as temps climb through the day and night to 44 tomorrow.
Start your gas stove.......it'll help take the chill off!

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
ive never seen it in person but read some equipment manuals a few years ago for military trucks and gensets used in very cold places. growing up in the dfw area learning that some places were so cold engines had to run 24/7 otherwise freeze up solid shocked my lil brain lol?. things like doing oil changes, "exchanges" rather- with the diesels running seemed like sci fi to me ?. about the most engine trouble i knew of cold related until then was slow starting farm tractors that had to stayed plugged in to heat and then nursed to life and then babied to a steady idle. had a neighbor with one of the old gm converted from gas to diesel engines. watching him try to get it running in winter was always entertaining :crackup:
Our Military vehicles in Germany had either a pre-heater, a built in quick start dispenser (either) or both, engines would smoke like wet wood until warmed up a bit.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
No thank you that's too cold for me. I went skiing at Mt. Hood Meadows once and it was so cold with the wind chill -25 we would ski one run then go back in the lodge for hot alcoholic drinks. Then go back out for one more run then back to the lodge. It's really hard to ski when it's that cold as the wax on your ski's doesn't work and you go a lot slower. It was really weird!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
No thank you that's too cold for me. I went skiing at Mt. Hood Meadows once and it was so cold with the wind chill -25 we would ski one run then go back in the lodge for hot alcoholic drinks. Then go back out for one more run then back to the lodge. It's really hard to ski when it's that cold as the wax on your ski's doesn't work and you go a lot slower. It was really weird!
The coldest I ever skied in was -12. That up in Lake Placid, NY and it was so uncomfortable riding up the chairlift with the wind blowing right in your face. I made the mistake of closing my eyes and they just about froze shut. But that was back in the late 80's and I wasn't such a wimp with the cold as I am now.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
The heat is tough to deal with but it doesn't stop me from doing much. Unlike the cold, snow and ice you don't have to worry about slipping and sliding on it. You can still go about your day but you need to get most things early in the morning. I also love being in shorts 365 days and only having to wear a hoodie and not getting in my truck all bundled up like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. ?

1675515911013.png
All good points but your domestic water situation makes it unappealing

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
The coldest I ever skied in was -12. That up in Lake Placid, NY and it was so uncomfortable riding up the chairlift with the wind blowing right in your face. I made the mistake of closing my eyes and they just about froze shut. But that was back in the late 80's and I wasn't such a wimp with the cold as I am now.
Did you voluntarily ski down or did someone push ya?????
1.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Did you voluntarily ski down or did someone push ya?????
1.jpeg
Not me. I'm crazy but I'm not stupid.lol In Lake Placid we took a tour of the Olympic site and you could go all the way up to the top of the high jump. I'm not afraid of heights but man that's up there when you get to the top platform. :shock:

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
When I was in Germany in the Army, we had to spray either into the intakes on the 2 stroke Detroit Diesel track vehicles to get them started, in winter. Then they would smoke up a storm while they warmed up.
Sponsored