• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Auto start/stop removal

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
My Raptor has the auto stop/start disable button and you know what... I never use it! I just let it stop when it wants to and it is not a problem at all.

Unless you are seriously afraid that it is going to have catastrophic implications to longevity of your engine/starter/battery then I just don't understand the obsession with disabling it.
Sponsored

Deleted member 6764

I just got my order schedule email today, XLT, I looked up the order tracking status and also looked at the build details on the webpage. It does show in the "Accessories" tab: "Auto Stop-Start Removal", even though it wasn't an option available on the B&P or on the dealer order sheet. My guess is supply chain issues with providing it, but could be an error or something else.

borfoo3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Raptor, 2015 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Engineer
Our Raptors all came standard with auto start/ stop feature with a button next to the transmission gear to disable it.

Defaults back to "on" after every key start along with a few other safety features which is slightly annoying.

Fortunately it's way too hot here so the system never actually turns the vehicle "off" during stops.

hicks

First Name
Jakub
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Rangerok PanAmericana 3.0 V6 2024
Occupation
proctologist
Guys.. what is the update on this?

Anyone did this using Forscan?

We have two Ford Ranger PanAmericanas :) ...and you know, we have to disable the autostop THROUGH menu(!).

Plain horrible.

hicks

First Name
Jakub
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Rangerok PanAmericana 3.0 V6 2024
Occupation
proctologist
My Raptor has the auto stop/start disable button and you know what... I never use it! I just let it stop when it wants to and it is not a problem at all.

Unless you are seriously afraid that it is going to have catastrophic implications to longevity of your engine/starter/battery then I just don't understand the obsession with disabling it.
you're really a mechanical engineer?

Sponsored

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Powerboost King Ranch, 2024 HPR Ranger Raptor
If you hate start/stop then don't get a Powerboost F150. Ours starts stops going down the road. You get used to it after awhile. No button to disable it either. But that would kinda defeat the hybrid. The start/stop might be nice in drive thru's though.

GypsyDaenger

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150
Occupation
Electrician
If you hate start/stop then don't get a Powerboost F150. Ours starts stops going down the road. You get used to it after awhile. No button to disable it either. But that would kinda defeat the hybrid. The start/stop might be nice in drive thru's though.
That's not the same thing, that's your truck switching to electric and doing some regen.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
If mine has ASS, the first mod I make will be to defeat/remove it. Ford is not paying me for the wear/tear to my engine, starter, and battery so they can claim an extra .001 MPG on their CAFE standards.

The worst thing you can do to a motor is start it.

Gene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Rapture Ranger
Occupation
Retired
So does the Raptor have it or not. I personally hate that feature, I want my truck to always run.
The new Ranger Raptor 2024 has a button on the console you have to push every time you start the truck. I know I have one.
Gene Mackey.

Sponsored

Gene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Rapture Ranger
Occupation
Retired
If mine has ASS, the first mod I make will be to defeat/remove it. Ford is not paying me for the wear/tear to my engine, starter, and battery so they can claim an extra .001 MPG on their CAFE standards.

The worst thing you can do to a motor is start it.
This guy is RIGHT ON!!!

Reactions: MAV

Gene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Rapture Ranger
Occupation
Retired
This guy is Right on.
Gene Mackey

Reactions: MAV

Falconer

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, BMW 428xi
Auto Start/Stop has been removed from every Raptor. It does not come with it. There is no rule that says a car has to have it either.

There is likely no way to add it back in. It’s likely removed due to a parts shortage. That’s means the parts won’t be there to enable it. You’d have to find the parts and install them yourself. And since no Raptors have those parts, they probably aren’t even anything you can order. It would likely require reprogramming which someone would have to figure out. That’s not likely, so just know you won’t have Auto Start Stop, and assume you won’t be able to add it in the future.
I don't know why you would say its been eliminated. I just got my 2024 Ranger Raptor and its definitely there. And it annoys me every time I stop!

Johnny 5

First Name
John C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2024 Ranger Raptor (ordered)
Occupation
Mold maker
I don't know why you would say its been eliminated. I just got my 2024 Ranger Raptor and its definitely there. And it annoys me every time I stop!

I got my wife's Ranger Raptor April 10th and it has it on there as well. I might try this hack on Amazon. I guess it tells your computer your hood is open so it wont shut off your engine for some reason. I just looked under my hood for the first time (man is it hard to shut) and found the plug that I think this hooks up to right behind the hood latch. There are other things on Amazon that attach the same way in different areas of the vehicle but this is what came up for our Ranger Raptors. If you happen to do this before me, let me know result. I'll do the same.

I just ordered another Ranger Raptor for myself last Friday. Man are these things fun to drive!!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CLHZ18B...E7EJY4AX5WPSZXQ92&starsLeft=1&skipTwisterOG=1

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Because you're quoting my post from 10 months ago when no one had seen or touched it yet?
Sponsored