• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Shelter Green thoughts?

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Prefer avalanche or carbonized gray too
Sponsored

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
Ordered without seeing it. Arrived yesterday and Better in person but not totally sold compared to my f150 avalanche or carbonized gray 🤷‍♂️

IMG_9148.jpeg
Those wheels are really something. What are they?

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
they are the Roush wheels. Perfect offset at +25 to bring wheels flush to fenders. They are from the Bronco world. Same bolt pattern and bore as Ranger 🙂
I've seen those wheels in person since there's a Roush 4 Dr Bronco running around my area with them.

They are good looking wheels and the first thing I thought of was that their color would look good with the Shelter Green.

I'm not sold on the color, but if I came across an available Ranger Raptor with it, I could possibly see myself getting it.

Sponsored

NASSTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor / 1994 Bronco
I almost bought the Roush wheels shortly after I ordered my truck. But I realized I liked the look of the stock wheels better. I just don't like the offset of the stock wheels.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
So far the Roush wheels are my favorite, mostly for how their color goes with shelter green.

I was asked, though, if I'd considered gold/bronze wheels.

I don't hate bronze/gold wheels, but they don't always go well with some colors and I haven't found anything in Shelter green with them.

So far everything I've found has been factory wheels or black wheels.

I like the look of RTR's Evo 6 wheels and the new bronze color option is intriguing, but I've only seen them on Vaughn's Cactus Gray Bronco Raptor.
Ford Ranger Shelter Green thoughts? bronze evo6

Last edited:

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
So far the Roush wheels are my favorite, mostly for how their color goes with shelter green.

I was asked, though, if I'd considered gold/bronze wheels.

I don't hate bronze/gold wheels, but they don't always go well with some colors and I haven't found anything in Shelter green with them.

So far everything I've found has been factory wheels or black wheels.

I like the look of RTR's Evo 6 wheels and the new bronze color option is intriguing, but I've only seen them on Vaughn's Cactus Gray Bronco Raptor.
bronze evo6.jpg
I'm replying to myself because I messaged RTR asking and they directed me to a customer's picture of a Shelter Green F150 that has their bronze Evo 6 wheels on it.

Ford Ranger Shelter Green thoughts? shelter green f150 raptor

Sponsored

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
I like it. If I ever swap wheels I'll either do similar color to stock or bronze. The Shelter Green has some bronze shades in some sunlight so I think it would compliment bronze wheels nicely.

I'm so grateful I stuck with Shelter Green and couldn't be happier in any other color. There are some very close second's but I think if I parked any color next to the Shelter Green, I'd be drawn to the SG every time. In case anyone is wondering, my close seconds are Hot Pepper Red, Carbonized Gray, Velocity Blue, and Cactus Gray. I love the exclusivity of the Shelter Green and have gotten a lot of looks and compliments I don't think I would have gotten otherwise.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
I'm seriously thinking about them after seeing that picture.

I like the Roush wheels and their color does go well with Shelter Green, but the Bronze RTR is using looks to compliment Shelter Green really well.
Sponsored