First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Sales Manager
Had a minor accident last Friday where my pre-collision radar in the center of the bumper was knocked loose and was giving messages that it was blocked. Was able to pop it back into place and the messages went away but now my adaptive cruise control doesn't seem to detect cars in front of me. I haven't driven much since then just because work is so close to home and the impact wasn't enough to actually damage the bumper.

My question is: because it was slightly dislodged and is in place now (pointing straight forward, not at any angle), does it need to recalibrate or do I need to get it looked at. I have no warning lights, just a couple of times using the ACC and not having the car in front of me displayed on the screen even though it was close enough for detection.

Update: Over the weekend I just drove back and forth less than 3 miles each way twice a day and in little to no traffic. Today I played with the settings and found the collision avoidance display "pie wedge." Ran some errands than included some interstate and highway driving. I noticed after a couple of miles on the interstate it was showing the vehicle in front of me and by the time I was heading home, the acc was working again.

Thanks for the help. This isn't the first question this site solved for me, but it is the first I directly asked about.
Sponsored

Last edited:

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
You need to have it recalibrated.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I would say you most likely have, a code triggered, Scan and Clear code and then run a CCM Self-Test.
If that does not work, you need a scan tool capable of Recalibrating / Aligning it.

OP
OP

skrumpe

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Sales Manager
Dumb question, but I assume you have confirmed you are still in ACC mode vs. regular cruise?
Not dumb, and yes, I went into the driver settings menu and turned acc off and back on to make sure it wasn't off.

OP
OP

skrumpe

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Sales Manager
I would say you most likely have, a code triggered, Scan and Clear code and then run a CCM Self-Test.
If that does not work, you need a scan tool capable of Recalibrating / Aligning it.
Any recommendations on a scan tool for this? I see some that say they can do system calibrations but don't list what systems and sometimes digging online doesn't get me anywhere

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Any recommendations on a scan tool for this? I see some that say they can do system calibrations but don't list what systems and sometimes digging online doesn't get me anywhere
I have a Autel MS906TS, it has it as a Function Tab, but I have not had a need to open it and try it.
This is a 1500.00 scanner though; I am not sure if any of the cheaper ones have this as an option on them.

OP
OP

skrumpe

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Sales Manager
I have a Autel MS906TS, it has it as a Function Tab, but I have not had a need to open it and try it.
This is a 1500.00 scanner though; I am not sure if any of the cheaper ones have this as an option on them.
Turned out I just needed to drive it enough for it to start "seeing" cars again and recalibrate itself. I'm not dumb by any account, but I still tell people I think my truck is smarter than me sometimes lol
Sponsored