• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

CarPlay <> iPhone connection issue

OP
OP

Dubfound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
I just got mine today, on my long 5 trip back home, about an hour into my return trip in the RR I lost my carplay, because my phone got overheated by the wireless charger that I had set my phone on. Held it up to an old
Sucks about the CarPlay. Hopefully ford is watching this software issue and post. But the RR is awesome. Love mine. Congrats!
Sponsored

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
Sucks about the CarPlay. Hopefully ford is watching this software issue and post. But the RR is awesome. Love mine. Congrats!
Thanks.
I got it back just took me a min to realize I lost because the phone was overheating and it had shutdown. A quick 30 seconds or so holding up in front of one of the AC vents to help cool it down,

Rapture2423

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Ford is aware. ETA is Q2 '25 which seems ridiculous.

Android Auto has not given me any trouble thankfully.

Ford Ranger CarPlay <> iPhone connection issue 1000044542

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
Ford is aware. ETA is Q2 '25 which seems ridiculous.

Android Auto has not given me any trouble thankfully.

1000044542.png
with the way it’s written I feel it’s a error where they put 2025 instead of 2024.. but yeah they said it’s take over a year to fix is absolutely dumb. @Ford Motor Company this should be a HIGH priority to be fix… it should not take OVER a year to get fixed

cboggs

First Name
Curtiss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger
Hit the volume down and skip forward button and it will reset the screen. Then your phone will connect. Works for me when it happens sometimes.

Sponsored

Jamesgang

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f-150
Occupation
engineering manager
Hit the volume down and skip forward button and it will reset the screen. Then your phone will connect. Works for me when it happens sometimes.
Are you meaning the knob volume or on steering wheel?

Brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor/ 2022 Jeep 392
Occupation
work on Mars
Does anyone else have issues with their iPhone connecting to Apple CarPlay or is this just user error on my part? Like sometimes it works, and sometimes it won’t. Thanks in advance because this is getting annoying. Haha

Yes, but I think it’s a IPhone issue with car play. My phone does it with my 2022 Jeep Wrangler and Ford Ranger Raptor. As stated in other comments, sometimes only 1 speaker channel plays or not at all.

Cacciola

First Name
Giacomo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 ranger raptor
Occupation
Business
No áudio here eventually as well. Quick tip: holding volume down and next track for a few seconds on the steering wheel, resets the sync4 screen and everything starts working again. No need to stop the car.

Sponsored

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician
My CarPlay must be freezing. I had the iPhone on the wireless charger, connected to CarPlay, launched Navigation through Google App and was driving down the highway when I realized that the mapping stopped / Froze and I missed my exit. This happened a few times. Took it off the wireless charger and hooked it up to USB charger and it worked as expected

OP
OP

Dubfound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
It weird.. my CarPlay has worked perfectly the last few days. I feel like I shouldn't even write this because I don't want to jink it.. haha

it just takes like 15-30 seconds to connect and start working once I start driving.

jdgecage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
I think it is worth considering if you should try a Factory Reset of the infotainment. Settings>General>Reset>Factory Reset. This has fixed my CarPlay issues (specifically Wireless App Projection would never “enable”).

I say “consider” this approach because it will remove your FordPass app setup. It was trivial to reauthorize, but if your personal app setup experience had any issues then you probably don’t want to do this unless absolutely certain you know how to get FordPass back or can live without it.

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
My CarPlay must be freezing. I had the iPhone on the wireless charger, connected to CarPlay, launched Navigation through Google App and was driving down the highway when I realized that the mapping stopped / Froze and I missed my exit. This happened a few times. Took it off the wireless charger and hooked it up to USB charger and it worked as expected
Mine did that 30 min after I took delivery of the truck.
Turned out after pulling over to look at my phone and figure out where I needed to turn, I discovered the wireless charging pad had overheated my phone and the phone was in some sort of overheated safety mode and essentially had shut down.

I held the phone up in front of an AC vent for minute or so, and it cooled back down and powered back on, everything went back to normal navigation came back and went on with my trip, I have not used that wireless charging pad since.

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician
Mine did that 30 min after I took delivery of the truck.
Turned out after pulling over to look at my phone and figure out where I needed to turn, I discovered the wireless charging pad had overheated my phone and the phone was in some sort of overheated safety mode and essentially had shut down.

I held the phone up in front of an AC vent for minute or so, and it cooled back down and powered back on, everything went back to normal navigation came back and went on with my trip, I have not used that wireless charging pad since.
Yeah - I’m using hard wire from four port USB hub plugged into that single USB outlet that’s on the right of the wireless dock
Sponsored