Ford / Dealer will not release my Ranger due to recall

Khalinatek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Hello All,

I signed the papers to a new Ford Ranger (2021 SuperCab XL) in mid October. Before I was able to take possession of the vehicle the dealer contacted and informed me that there was a recall on the truck. They said the truck cannot be released since it was safety related.

This is the outstanding recall. Apparently no SuperCabs can be sold right now that have this recall (which I think is all of them).
2021 RANGER - CHILD RESTRAINT RAP CAB REAR ISOFIX
Campaign# 21C24

I understand that the dealer is victim of Fords direction, but I am running out of patience. I purchased the vehicle at this time because my job changed and I was traveling much more. My current daily is a little bit of a toy, and I already knew it had issues. Sure enough the winter weather has taken my truck out of commission, and I am now with out a running vehicle.

I was being as patient as possible but I still have not received a update on when I can expect a delivery. All I hear are I'm sorrys, and at this point its no longer acceptable.

I was really looking forward to this truck, but this has been a nightmare. And suggestions on what I can do / contact to try and get this sorted?
Sponsored

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Hello All,

I signed the papers to a new Ford Ranger (2021 SuperCab XL) in mid October. Before I was able to take possession of the vehicle the dealer contacted and informed me that there was a recall on the truck. They said the truck cannot be released since it was safety related.

This is the outstanding recall. Apparently no SuperCabs can be sold right now that have this recall (which I think is all of them).
Campaign# 21C24

I understand that the dealer is victim of Fords direction, but I am running out of patience. I purchased the vehicle at this time because my job changed and I was traveling much more. My current daily is a little bit of a toy, and I already knew it had issues. Sure enough the winter weather has taken my truck out of commission, and I am now with out a running vehicle.

I was being as patient as possible but I still have not received a update on when I can expect a delivery. All I hear are I'm sorrys, and at this point its no longer acceptable.

I was really looking forward to this truck, but this has been a nightmare. And suggestions on what I can do / contact to try and get this sorted?
Is it already titled to you? Have you already paid for it?

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Yes the title is already in my name, I only have payed some down payments. The financing is on hold due to this situation. I even received the welcome emails from Ford.
My American view is that if it's already titled to you, it's your truck, and they have no grounds on which to not let you take it home.

If they can legitimately keep you from taking it, sounds like you should be undoing the deal, get your money back (including interest on the down payment), and purchase a vehicle from somewhere that actually has a vehicle you can drive home today.

Opusnbill7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
My American view is that if it's already titled to you, it's your truck, and they have no grounds on which to not let you take it home.

If they can legitimately keep you from taking it, sounds like you should be undoing the deal, get your money back (including interest on the down payment), and purchase a vehicle from somewhere that actually has a vehicle you can drive home today.
Yep. Completely agree. At this point they should either 1. Give you the truck or 2. Give you all of your money back. Anything else and I would be getting a lawyer involved.

OP
OP

Khalinatek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Part of the issue is that there is basically no vehicles available that suit my budget / requirements on the lots here in Canada. I found this truck on the lot which one another big factor on why I pulled the trigger. I am sure they will cancel the deal no problem, but that still leaves me with out a vehicle and just on a different waiting list.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I own a SCAB with the same recall. In fact there are 2 recalls on them right now. One is the rear seat restraints and the other is a seat belt fastener.

Here’s my take. That one is for a child seat. No seat, no problem. Release the vehicle and it’s my problem to arrange a fix with you when you can properly deal with it. Plenty on the road already with same issues

OP
OP

Khalinatek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
I own a SCAB with the same recall. In fact there are 2 recalls on them right now. One is the rear seat restraints and the other is a seat belt fastener.

Here’s my take. That one is for a child seat. No seat, no problem. Release the vehicle and it’s my problem to arrange a fix with you when you can properly deal with it. Plenty on the road already with same issues
I fully agree the dealership knows I have no children and said they know it wont affect me, but are acting as Ford still will not let them release it.

Reactions: Doc

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Part of the issue is that there is basically no vehicles available that suit my budget / requirements on the lots here in Canada. I found this truck on the lot which one another big factor on why I pulled the trigger. I am sure they will cancel the deal no problem, but that still leaves me with out a vehicle and just on a different waiting list.
What I'm having trouble with is the fact that you have the title to it. That means legally it is your property. If they won't release it to you, they are depriving you of your own legal property, which sounds like a pretty good description of theft.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I would think you could sign a waiver releasing them of responsibility of injury if you use a child seat (since you know you won't) an agree to bring it right in when the repair part is available.

OP
OP

Khalinatek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
What I'm having trouble with is the fact that you have the title to it. That means legally it is your property. If they won't release it to you, they are depriving you of your own legal property, which sounds like a pretty good description of theft.
I don't disagree. I am getting no where with the dealer. I guess I will start contacting Ford direct tomorrow, but I don't have high hopes.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
They are not going to release it until recall is completed. A second year law student could win that one. Ask for an acceptable vehicle to drive until released.

OP
OP

Khalinatek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
They are not going to release it until recall is completed. A second year law student could win that one. Ask for an acceptable vehicle to drive until released.
This is actually what I asked for the other day, but have not gotten a response. This would be an acceptable solution to me for now.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Hello All,

Campaign# 21C24

Unfortunately yes the dealership can't give you your vehicle because of the recall until it is fixed but what I would do is see if they can give you a loaner in the meantime under Fords Bill since you clearly cannot drive the truck you bought with your own money.
Sponsored