How Do You Remove The Drivers Door Sill Plate?

RK Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Toolmaker
**** Updated**** 2023 Ranger Lariat…… I need to remove the drivers door sill plate. I’m really unlucky in removing things with tabs on it. I break more than a few of them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I did Google it and I did search it on here and I couldn’t find anything for this generation ranger. Thank you for your help.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just use a plastic trim tool and it'll pop right off. I took mine off routing the dash cam wires to my rear cam on my '19. Just lift from the edge and slowly pry up and it'll pop off. IIRC there's 3 tabs holding it down.

I have this set here and used the second one over from left to right.

1691285905831.png

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
yup, just pull them.

If you do break them off, the replacement plates are like 70 bucks each . . .

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Oh I thought they only come as an assembly, with the car!
Nah seriously it just pulls up, I did mine to put in the brake controller wire. Just take it slow and easy and you won't break anything.

OP
OP

RK Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Toolmaker
Just use a plastic trim tool and it'll pop right off. I took mine off routing the dash cam wires to my rear cam on my '19. Just lift from the edge and slowly pry up and it'll pop off. IIRC there's 3 tabs holding it down.

I have this set here and used the second one over from left to right.

“””””””””””””But these will not work on a 2023 Ranger….. as stated. Maybe I need a different color? :) “””””””””””””””””””
1691285905831.png
IMG_7177.jpeg

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Good advice above (maybe not the bit about the torch, but I think you knew that).
Before I pulled anything apart, I ordered this kit online.
IMG_3672.jpeg
That works, unless your dealer breaks the actual tabs on the part off...

OP
OP

RK Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Toolmaker
Pull it straight up, “”they said””. It’s easy, “”they said””…………. Well, I warned you guys…… I am that unlucky guy……. I pulled it up as gently as possible with the right pry tools and everything sounded right and good as it was being pulled up, but I still managed to break the front tab holder. Oh well….. I really really really thought I was pulling it up perfectly with zero damage but shit happens. Lol…….. I’m going to try to use crazy glue to glue that black piece on and if that doesn’t work I’m going to put a 1/2” x 2” wood lag bolt screw right through the top of that sill plate and that will hold that MF down….lol.

IMG_7179.jpeg

IMG_7178.jpeg

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Pull it straight up, “”they said””. It’s easy, “”they said””…………. Well, I warned you guys…… I am that unlucky guy……. I pulled it up as gently as possible with the right pry tools and everything sounded right and good as it was being pulled up, but I still managed to break the front tab holder. Oh well….. I really really really thought I was pulling it up perfectly with zero damage but shit happens. Lol…….. I’m going to try to use crazy glue to glue that black piece on and if that doesn’t work I’m going to put a 1/2” x 2” wood lag bolt screw right through the top of that sill plate and that will hold that MF down….lol.

IMG_7179.jpeg

IMG_7178.jpeg
That is unlucky. I yanked mine off a bunch of times with nothing breaking.

Although I did break my window switch tab and had to glue it back down.