• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Open letter to Jim Farley Mr. Over-promise/under-deliver

BucDfromWV

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Edge ST
Occupation
Automotive Consultant
Good morning, Mr. Farley,

You may be aware of my plight, but let me expound none-the-less.

On May 26th 2023, right after the order bank opened, I placed my order for a 2024 Ford Ranger Raptor, (please let me say at this point that I have documentation to support all of the facts that I am going to share).

My dealer, (Kent Parsons Ford, dealer number 27D473-a select dealer and the ONLY reason I would think about wasting my money with Ford), was told by YOUR rep to make it a stock order to get it there quicker... As a result my original order was cancelled. My dealer took an order that you DID accept and reconfigured that customer's order to my specs, (the reason why my order date is now reflected as October 24th 2023).

Your tracker, last update March 2,2024, is showing that the truck was built on February 16th, 2024.

Brian Pruitt, (321.326.2127), in charge of the folks paid to run interference for your incompetence, has informed me today that I can expect my truck in June.

My intention, even if i do ultimately take delivery, is to provide Ford Motor Company some compensation for the wonderful experience that I have been subjected to because I was such a complete idiot in ordering this truck.

I have sold, financed and otherwise worked with or for Ford for close to 30 years. My wife and I have purchased over a quarter of a million dollars in NEW Ford and Lincoln products, (we currently drive a 2020 Ford Edge ST and a 2022 Lincoln Aviator). Never again.

I am sure that you are PAINFULLY aware of your current three year streak of leading the industry in recalls.. It would stand to reason that Ford, (YOU), would want to do the right thing by your shareholders, employees and customers, and make this experience MUCH less onerous. I guess that just makes too much sense.

Please look for your starring role in my sharing of this sordid tale. If you are a decently qualified CEO, you will use this as yet another canary in your blessed coal mine.

I expect nothing as a result of the culture that YOU have created of over-promise/under-deliver.

Please have a better day then the steaming loaf of one that you have laid on my lap for almost a year.
Sponsored

Sponsored

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
I get the frustration. I ordered May 30th and am scheduled for the second week of June.

That being said, with how upset you seem to be, I'm surprised you haven't already purchased a different vehicle from another manufacturer.

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 ranger, 94explor, 16 Focus RS, 21 Bronco, 24 RR
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
The effort laid out in this letter is second to none.

If you could somehow, harness this lightning, channel it, into the flux capacitor, it just might work.

If you started to call a few dealerships to get your hands on those available msrp Ranger Raptors that are popping up.

Sponsored

ivotuk

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
IT
Great write up. I'm still waiting for my truck, built 3/25/2024. No idea where it's at, or what it's doing.

Your post gave me an idea, I think I'm going to call the dealer that I'm working with and renegotiate. I've put part of my life on hold waiting for this truck, because I will need to fly out of Alaska to pick it up. My brother was going to go with me, but by the time I the truck shows up, he'll be back out on the boat.

If they could at least be honest and up front, I would be okay with it. But I kept getting emails basically saying "Soon."

When your dog poops on the neighbor's lawn, you don't pretend like it never happened, and then deny it, (because most likely it's on video). You apologize and clean it up. Otherwise, your dog is going to disappear one day.

In this case, your customers are going to start disappearing. Nobody wants to buy a vehicle from a politician, and that's what these guys are starting to sound like.

Jacfield

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler
Occupation
Developer
I share your frustration and I think we all need to let Ford know how badly they have f'ed up here.

Is there an official channel for voicing these complaints? I want to share my experience with them as well.

Tr1tium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4runner trd pro
Good morning, Mr. Farley,

You may be aware of my plight, but let me expound none-the-less.

On May 26th 2023, right after the order bank opened, I placed my order for a 2024 Ford Ranger Raptor, (please let me say at this point that I have documentation to support all of the facts that I am going to share).

My dealer, (Kent Parsons Ford, dealer number 27D473-a select dealer and the ONLY reason I would think about wasting my money with Ford), was told by YOUR rep to make it a stock order to get it there quicker... As a result my original order was cancelled. My dealer took an order that you DID accept and reconfigured that customer's order to my specs, (the reason why my order date is now reflected as October 24th 2023).

Your tracker, last update March 2,2024, is showing that the truck was built on February 16th, 2024.

Brian Pruitt, (321.326.2127), in charge of the folks paid to run interference for your incompetence, has informed me today that I can expect my truck in June.

My intention, even if i do ultimately take delivery, is to provide Ford Motor Company some compensation for the wonderful experience that I have been subjected to because I was such a complete idiot in ordering this truck.

I have sold, financed and otherwise worked with or for Ford for close to 30 years. My wife and I have purchased over a quarter of a million dollars in NEW Ford and Lincoln products, (we currently drive a 2020 Ford Edge ST and a 2022 Lincoln Aviator). Never again.

I am sure that you are PAINFULLY aware of your current three year streak of leading the industry in recalls.. It would stand to reason that Ford, (YOU), would want to do the right thing by your shareholders, employees and customers, and make this experience MUCH less onerous. I guess that just makes too much sense.

Please look for your starring role in my sharing of this sordid tale. If you are a decently qualified CEO, you will use this as yet another canary in your blessed coal mine.

I expect nothing as a result of the culture that YOU have created of over-promise/under-deliver.

Please have a better day then the steaming loaf of one that you have laid on my lap for almost a year.
I placed my order June 7 and it stayed as a stock order the entire time. I got my raptor April 8

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician
Scratching my head here - I placed my custom order on December 21 and took delivery on April 8th. I have said before that you need to order from a large dealership. They get preferential treatment and bumped to the front of the line.

Rapture2423

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
I woke up last month and decided I wanted one. Made calls to dealerships scouting around and introducing myself. Took delivery within a couple weeks. Have you tried searching around for an identical build hitting a lot somewhere with a dealer offering at MSRP? I like to have things when I want them too but generally that requires the effort to get them. Sorry for your experience.
Sponsored