Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Since when did overlanding become a d*** waving contest about who has more money and toys?

Can't wait to see those white Oakley wearing douch nozzles cruise around our mall parking lots with these strapped in their truck beds and deepdish wheels.

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Someone got their taxes back :)
a tent that needs to be put in with a fork lift LOL
I have slept under my truck in the woods without a sleeping bag, or in the back seat at a truck stop, I like truck stops, a bathroom and coffee is always a short walk
and for the cost of that, plus extra gas and hassle factor, I would rather have a hotel room now days :)

OP
OP
Synfulz

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Someone got their taxes back :)
a tent that needs to be put in with a fork lift LOL
I have slept under my truck in the woods without a sleeping bag, or in the back seat at a truck stop, I like truck stops, a bathroom and coffee is always a short walk
and for the cost of that, plus extra gas and hassle factor, I would rather have a hotel room now days :)
Agreed

Mtnbikes

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Waste of money. They will use it for a season and then list it on Craig’s list for full price.

Sojourner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired Army / Disabled Vet
I can't imagine it's easy to install/remove. So what a waste of a pickup cargo bed. If this is what someone wants, probably better to get an Explorer or Expedition (if sticking with Ford) and go with a rack mounted tent platform....

OTOH, looks like something the boys did a few years back on "The Grand Tour" (the trio formerly of Top Gear fame).

Dpg123

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
CDL holder
That’s funny. Does it have an option for an elevator? Oh what about an escalator? Hell yea lol

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
SCab length option?

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Since when did overlanding become a d*** waving contest about who has more money and toys?

Can't wait to see those white Oakley wearing douch nozzles cruise around our mall parking lots with these strapped in their truck beds and deepdish wheels.
Also, the pre-order thing is a major turn off. If they need to crowd fund their product it likely means that they don't have the capital to build ahead of their orders or fix them when they break. See also We're Working Hard To Resolve This Issue.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Also, the pre-order thing is a major turn off. If they need to crowd fund their product it likely means that they don't have the capital to build ahead of their orders or fix them when they break. See also We're Working Hard To Resolve This Issue.
Yeah that too.

I'll pre order a video game, thats about it.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
what if you got wasted and fell out of that thing, you'd break your sorry *ss for sure. And I'd be afraid of getting struck by lightning as it's the tallest thing around and would act like an overpriced lightning rod.
I think it would also be pretty cool to sneak up and activate the down button while you buddies are sleeping in that thing.

Last edited: