Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
UPDATE:
I may try one of these instead. One is steel, the other is another plastic model, but its 1A graded.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072KDDS5...olid=3BFO9EOT7D96R&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KS4RD8...colid=3BFO9EOT7D96R&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know about y'all, but I don't want any step rail on my truck. For those of you that may have a storage box or the pivot box(like I have), I found a decent foldable step stool that fits in my pivot box. I only use it when I need it for some passengers to get in the truck.
Found it on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09472RY19/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Got the 9 inch model.

stool_box.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
One warning! These steps are sold through a number of web sites, and bricks and mortars. They're Chinese junk, and subjected to heat—like storing them in the bed in Summer—and the plastic deteriorates. Next time you step on it...

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
I reckon i'll need that in a few years. My knees arn't what they used to be lol... For now I either use the rear tire as a step or the bumper.

CJ74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX
This thread reminded me of when I used to sell CDJ vehicles. About 20 years ago I sold a 2 door Dakota 4x4 to a very old couple. One day when they came in I watched him get out, take a stool out of the bed and put it under his wife's door then open it and help her out. You could tell that he really loved her. So, I think a stool would work fine.

OP
OP
LolaFX4

LolaFX4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
One warning! These steps are sold through a number of web sites, and bricks and mortars. They're Chinese junk, and subjected to heat—like storing them in the bed in Summer—and the plastic deteriorates. Next time you step on it...
I'll have to see how long it lasts...

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt., Grumpy Old Senior Citizen
I have seen too many people using those at campgrounds...step on them and go right thru the top.
If your going to use something like that,....
first pic is available at any Northern Tool for around 30 bucks.
second pic is what I carry in my Ranger...Stromburg Carlson, about 43 bucks.

shopping.png

hnui0yohozby6adegtqk__30816.1625449634.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
LolaFX4

LolaFX4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I have seen too many people using those at campgrounds...step on them and go right thru the top.
If your going to use something like that,....
first pic is available at any Harbor Freight for around 30 bucks.
second pic is what I carry in my Ranger...Stromburg Carlson, about 43 bucks.

shopping.png

hnui0yohozby6adegtqk__30816.1625449634.1280.1280.jpg
Will this fit inside my pivot box?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt., Grumpy Old Senior Citizen
Paul, not sure, and it was my mistake...it's from Northern Tool. But, go to Amazon and look up aluminum folding steps...lots of em, different sizes/heights all with measurements.
I just don't trust a plastic folding step made overseas, that costs less than a pizza.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Yep. I bought a collapsible mini-ladder years ago. Tested the first step, it immediately snapped and I returned it. I checked the amazon page a couple weeks later and they were selling "refurbished" models...

OP
OP
LolaFX4

LolaFX4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Paul, not sure, and it was my mistake...it's from Northern Tool. But, go to Amazon and look up aluminum folding steps...lots of em, different sizes/heights all with measurements.
I just don't trust a plastic folding step made overseas, that costs less than a pizza.
Thanx. I found 2 in amazon that call my attention. One is this folding steel model
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072KDDS5...olid=3BFO9EOT7D96R&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

and the other is a plastic Cosco with a 1A grading scale. Ladder grade.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KS4RD8...colid=3BFO9EOT7D96R&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

They both seem that they will fit in the pivot box. However; the Cosco model still calls my attention because of its quicker foldability. I have a Cosco palstc/steel hand cart that I use for work, and I know they build them tough.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
We have four of these Rubbermaid 2-step folding stools in our house and garage. Works as step or stool. Great for getting up and down while working in the bed. I usually step up on the tire.

When we have a passenger in our Ranger that needs assistance, we toss one in. I like the rounded edges and corners to prevent damage to surroundings.

These are becoming more difficult to find.

Image 051.png
Image 050.png

OP
OP
LolaFX4

LolaFX4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
We have four of these Rubbermaid 2-step folding stools in our house and garage. Works as step or stool. Great for getting up and down while working in the bed. I usually step up on the tire.

When we have a passenger in our Ranger that needs assistance, we toss one in. I like the rounded edges and corners to prevent damage to surroundings.

These are becoming more difficult to find.

Image 051.png
Image 050.png
what are the dimensions when folded?

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
UPDATE:
I may try one of these instead. One is steel, the other is another plastic model, but its 1A graded.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know about y'all, but I don't want any step rail on my truck. For those of you that may have a storage box or the pivot box(like I have), I found a decent foldable step stool that fits in my pivot box. I only use it when I need it for some passengers to get in the truck.
Found it on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09472RY19/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Got the 9 inch model.

stool_box.JPG
Link to pivot box please.
Sponsored