smashed Supercab drivers rear door.

lobsta11

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 magnetic grey, 302A & tech pkg. 2019 is gone. XLT super cab, ingot silver, 302a, tow & tech packages
My John Deere got locked in forward & smashed into the side rear dear with my front mounted hitch. If I didn't have the hitch, the whole width of the tractor would have gotten the drivers door also. If I find a replacement door, how difficult of a job is it to swap doors? How about just the outer skin? Any idea what it would cost to repaint the door.
Thank You
Al
Sponsored

OP
OP

lobsta11

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 magnetic grey, 302A & tech pkg. 2019 is gone. XLT super cab, ingot silver, 302a, tow & tech packages
did not take any & I'm on my boat now. I know that at least the outer skin has to be replaced. The labor cost on cutting out about 1 1/2 sq. ft welding in a new piece & then painting the door would be more expensive than the alternatives....... I think.
Al

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
a full door swap would be probably the easiest but i don't know how much it would cost for a complete door at the wreckers, or your budget.

not sure if all the modules would be plug and play, but i'm sure all that can fixed up. good luck.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch, so sorry this happened - I’d be sick for weeks. 🙁 Finding a Scab door might be a challenge but given how much is involved in replacing a skin, it might be the cheaper route.

I hope it all works out.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
look on car-part.com. I just looked there, and it seemed there were a number of wrecked trucks with good doors. Anywhere from 600-900. Lots of white ones, with a few black, magnetic, and silver.

White must be a collision magnet.
I used to use that site all the time.

My boys hit a baseball through the side window of the Mazda 6 I bought them for a school car. I found a door the right color 35 minutes away. I think I paid $80 back then for the complete door. It was fast an easy to change the whole door an probably a lot cheaper. When I saw that door I didn't bother pricing a window replacement. 4 bolts an one wiring connection an done.

There are also lots of part out rangers on eBay.

Fazzie01

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I had a dent in my drivers door from someone backing into me. They just replaced the entire door. Parts were about $700, labor (paint matching) was $2700. Thankfully insurance took care of the whole thing. If it was 10 years down the road w/ no collision insurance, I would have just kept the dent lol.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
My John Deere got locked in forward & smashed into the side rear dear with my front mounted hitch. If I didn't have the hitch, the whole width of the tractor would have gotten the drivers door also. If I find a replacement door, how difficult of a job is it to swap doors? How about just the outer skin? Any idea what it would cost to repaint the door.
Thank You
Al
I had a disagreement with a Deer (not a Deere). the deer scampers off after a glancing blow, and did $1,986 worth of damage; still wonder who won.
With today's environmentally friendly paint processes and 6-8 coats of stuff on the bare metal, a matching door might be the cheaper way to go. On a Supercab, there should only be a simple harness for the door ajar warning.

IMG_0819.jpeg
IMG_0818.jpeg

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Your homeowners insurance may cover it fully as an accident if it was on your property with your tractor.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Your homeowners insurance may cover it fully as an accident if it was on your property with your tractor.
I backed into my 4G Ranger with my boat trailer hooked to my Land Cruiser and my insurance took care of it.
Since home, auto, and boat were all the same company not sure which policy paid.
Sponsored