Ford ESP dealer CA

SDXLT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX4
I can’t buy the Ford ESP from my dealer in San Diego as they use a 3rd party extended warranty provider. Has anyone bought the Ford extended warranty through a dealer in the San Diego area? If not anyone in the greater CA state know of a dealer? I don’t want 3rd party and don’t want to pay $3000.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SDXLT

SDXLT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX4
Granger can’t sell in Ca any longer due to a new law here restricting the plans to dealer sales or insurance companies.

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
You're better off putting the money in the bank and using it for any repairs, if needed. If I took that advice years ago, I would be a much richer person. :)

That said, you can just Google what you're looking for. I found this one for starters:
https://www.rushfordtrucksandiego.com/fordprotect.html

OP
OP
SDXLT

SDXLT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX4
Hey thanks. My googling must be rusty! I used to think the same but with all the corner cutting in manufacturing and assembly as well as the insane amount of electrical components I buy the plans on my cars. I’ve had a lot of bad luck with cars for some reason and if it weren’t for a miracle that covered my previous under the original factory warranty after it was denied I was going to be out $7000 for a new engine with a 50% discount from the dealer. So yeah, $1900 to prevent $7000 is worth it to me. But I totally get your stance and don’t think you’re wrong.

kendive

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger Lariat Tech Pkg Tremor
Granger can’t sell in Ca any longer due to a new law here restricting the plans to dealer sales or insurance companies.
That sucks... I would just do without.

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
Sounds like someone needs to get OUT of the hellhole known as California. I've never heard of a law that tells consumers they can't get the best thing for them such as a warranty from a reputable company at a much better price, but if anywhere was going to make up such a law... it would definitely be California.

GO D-BACKS!!!

OP
OP
SDXLT

SDXLT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX4
Sounds like someone needs to get OUT of the hellhole known as California. I've never heard of a law that tells consumers they can't get the best thing for them such as a warranty from a reputable company at a much better price, but if anywhere was going to make up such a law... it would definitely be California.

GO D-BACKS!!!
It was apparently meant to protect us from the predatory companies that sell products and don’t honor them.

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE

GO D-BACKS!!!
Florida has had this rule for many years.

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
It was apparently meant to protect us from the predatory companies that sell products and don’t honor them.
By not allowing ANY company to offer a better product to the people of California? Sounds like car dealerships have a pretty powerful lobby there in the state. Pretty big boon for them to have no competition.

OP
OP
SDXLT

SDXLT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX4
By not allowing ANY company to offer a better product to the people of California? Sounds like car dealerships have a pretty powerful lobby there in the state. Pretty big boon for them to have no competition.
There are other options in the third party insurance and some of the companies may be sound but they are also more expensive than Ford and you can always negotiate with dealers.

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
There are other options in the third party insurance and some of the companies may be sound but they are also more expensive than Ford and you can always negotiate with dealers.
Doesn't seem so in this case, though. A Ford-backed plan is the only one it seems anyone wants. I wouldn't buy a third-party warranty if you paid me.

chamackO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
I can’t buy the Ford ESP from my dealer in San Diego as they use a 3rd party extended warranty provider. Has anyone bought the Ford extended warranty through a dealer in the San Diego area? If not anyone in the greater CA state know of a dealer? I don’t want 3rd party and don’t want to pay $3000.
How much did you end up paying? I just got quoted $2900 for 6 years or 75k total miles from purchase date. Ouch.

OP
OP
SDXLT

SDXLT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX4
How much did you end up paying? I just got quoted $2900 for 6 years or 75k total miles from purchase date. Ouch.
I haven’t gotten a quote yet. I’m going to see if I can use a relatives address to purchase as I don’t see how they verify where you registered the vehicle. Once you purchase it they don’t care.

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
You're better off putting the money in the bank and using it for any repairs, if needed. If I took that advice years ago, I would be a much richer person. :)

That said, you can just Google what you're looking for. I found this one for starters:
https://www.rushfordtrucksandiego.com/fordprotect.html
not really the esp will pay for its self on one trans rebulid ... or a info screen .... or a blend door ...
Sponsored