First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Here’s a good in depth look at the new Ranger Raptor from TFL Offroad. I like how he compares it (with a chart) to the new ZR2, Tacoma TURD Pro and the Gladiator Mohave. The inside seems to be very well laid out and I even like the larger iPad looking screen which I didn’t think I would from pervious pictures. The suspension is sick and would really be fun out here in the open desert. I’m not sure what Ford was thinking putting the trailer pins under the bumper?

Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
It has paddle shifters ? Now not thrilled about the towing capacity but I guess if you have one of these you didn’t buy it to tow! 405HP!? That’s insane!!! Definitely king of the hill in that dept.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It has paddle shifters ? Now not thrilled about the towing capacity but I guess if you have one of these you didn’t buy it to tow! 405HP!? That’s insane!!! Definitely king of the hill in that dept.
Yeah this paddle shifters are really nice and they're full paddles not just little tabs. I keep telling myself the Tremor will be all I need.:rolleyes: Then these darn videos keep coming out and it gets me thinking about placing my order for one. I guess it can't hurt to place the order then IF the dealer does try to mark it up I'll just walk away.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Interesting video. The interior does look nice and I kind of like the orange accents. The motor looks like an absolute rats nest?. Still, looks like a very nice truck overall. Except the price...

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Interesting video. The interior does look nice and I kind of like the orange accents. The motor looks like an absolute rats nest?. Still, looks like a very nice truck overall. Except the price...
Yeah that motor looks like a mess of spaghetti, imagine trying to keep that one clean?. lol And you thought my last motor was dirty! ?

While the price is high it really isn't bad considering the starting price of the Bronco Raptor is $76K. o_O

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Yeah that motor looks like a mess of spaghetti, imagine trying to keep that one clean?. lol And you thought my last motor was dirty! ?

While the price is high it really isn't bad considering the starting price of the Bronco Raptor is $76K. o_O
But, I don't have Dave money?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
But, I don't have Dave money?
lol I was just hoping with these crazy used prices still around I might just get a large trade in on my new one. Then the difference "should" only be minimal. With my '19 I was looking at closer to a $26K-$28K difference which the more I thought about it was just not financially smart. But then again buying a $56K mid size truck isn't to financially smart either. :crazy:

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
lol I was just hoping with these crazy used prices still around I might just get a large trade in on my new one. Then the difference "should" only be minimal. With my '19 I was looking at closer to a $26K-$28K difference which the more I thought about it was just not financially smart. But then again buying a $56K mid size truck isn't to financially smart either. :crazy:
I don't see prices getting better anytime soon. I can't imagine what the dealer markup for the raptor will be, especially for a year or so.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
My promise to my cool car guy forefathers,
WHEN I WIN THE LOTTERY , I will buy the first Ranger Raptor I can find and switch it to a Supercab body , which is where it should be in the first place , why you need 400 hp with snotty kids and soccer balls in the back seat ? Damn it! Does Steve McQueen know about this ? Let's go back in time and ask Mr. McQueen if he minds terribly to reshoot his old movies in sedans and leave that silly 2 door in the garage because men in the future (no worries , there won't be many) need more space for things in the back seat ... DOUBLE DAMNIT !!!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I don't see prices getting better anytime soon. I can't imagine what the dealer markup for the raptor will be, especially for a year or so.
I thought these prices would go down some with the higher rates but it didn't seem to do much at all.

I'd bet at least a $20K markup with most dealers. I have my name on 2 dealers lists and "supposedly" it's for MSRP so I have 2 weeks to decide whether to go through with it.

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
My promise to my cool car guy forefathers,
WHEN I WIN THE LOTTERY , I will buy the first Ranger Raptor I can find and switch it to a Supercab body , which is where it should be in the first place , why you need 400 hp with snotty kids and soccer balls in the back seat ? Damn it! Does Steve McQueen know about this ? Let's go back in time and ask Mr. McQueen if he minds terribly to reshoot his old movies in sedans and leave that silly 2 door in the garage because men in the future (no worries , there won't be many) need more space for things in the back seat ... DOUBLE DAMNIT !!!
Daaaaaang. And I thought I was passionate about the Super cab...
That was the only way to go for me. We only need room for our precious furry family member and other assorted valuable items that might fit back there.
Sponsored