Underbody Blast

RangerRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ranger Tremor
At my local self-serve car wash, they have an underbody blast tool that you roll under your vehicle to clean the underside. Just wondering if anyone has used these before and is there any potential for issues or anything to watch out for? For instance, should you not spray directly under the engine with such a high-powered blast? Any idea on how well it gets everything clean? living in a northern area, I'd like to get the salt off as best I can. Thank you for any information.
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
It’s likely not very different than the under carriage attachment many folks have for their home pressure washers. I’d also bet it isn’t any more powerful than the under body sprayers at the entrance to many automatic car washes.

I can’t imagine it’s any worse than the spray we get under our trucks at highway speeds in the rain. I wouldn’t be too worried about it.

I’ve never had an issue with the sprayers at the car wash - not that I’m aware of anyway, and I haven’t seen any threads on the issue here.

@subquark has an under carriage attachment for his pressure washer and can likely speak to how effective it is, how much force it has, etc. David?

OP
OP
RangerRock

RangerRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ranger Tremor
Ok, sounds good, thank you for the quick response. Curious what David has to say as well.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I’m sure the high pressure spray is better for your truck than the crud that has accumulated under there over a Detroit winter.

OP
OP
RangerRock

RangerRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ranger Tremor
I hear ya, just want to be sure that spray, especially under the engine, won't mess up anything electrical.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, sounds good, thank you for the quick response. Curious what David has to say as well.
His response will be worth thousands of words.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
I’ve used this with my 1800 psi pressure washer multiple times and have had no issues whatsoever.

IMG_9436.png

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
It should be fine, but I would crawl underneath and make sure all the vent tubes for the diff/transmission are routed properly.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
It’s likely not very different than the under carriage attachment many folks have for their home pressure washers. I’d also bet it isn’t any more powerful than the under body sprayers at the entrance to many automatic car washes.

I can’t imagine it’s any worse than the spray we get under our trucks at highway speeds in the rain. I wouldn’t be too worried about it.

I’ve never had an issue with the sprayers at the car wash - not that I’m aware of anyway, and I haven’t seen any threads on the issue here.

@subquark has an under carriage attachment for his pressure washer and can likely speak to how effective it is, how much force it has, etc. David?
I'm conscientious of things like differential breathers but the force is quite a bit reduced compared to a single nozzle gun. I use an electric pressure washer that's about 1,000 psi too.

Plus the distance from the nozzles to the undercarriage means a reduction in force (compared to running this thing under a normal car with typical ground clearance). I don't stay in one area long and think of it more like an expression I used a lot in Texas about giving it a "lick and a promise". Just trying to knock off the salt and not concerned about blasting everything away.

I had wanted the Ryobi Water Broom but it wasn't available (it's 3 nozzles, and would be higher pressure, but it looks really well built). The one I have is from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RZYSL1Q

1713621167886-eg.png

rinsing off the chin chain! =D
1713621459884-8l.png