What are these hooks?

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
What a great idea. Never even crossed my mind to use this child seat anchor point for as dog's harness belt.
A lot of those belts (like this one) don't play nice with the center seat belt buckle in the Ranger (or many other cars for that matter) so some include a clip (like this or this) that works on those child seat anchors, too (or instead).
Sponsored

Watermongrel

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger
I noticed these hook-like things behind the seat. It does not appear that they are in use for anything.
1714133891935-4z.png
I see you store your head rest back there. Good thinking. Those hooks are for child seat anchors. You've helped me with a problem. My kids car seat sits more upright than I would like because of the headrest. I'll remove the one behind him and place it behind the seat. Thank you.

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I see you store your head rest back there. Good thinking. Those hooks are for child seat anchors. You've helped me with a problem. My kids car seat sits more upright than I would like because of the headrest. I'll remove the one behind him and place it behind the seat. Thank you.
Glad I could help! I do it for the increased visibility out the rear window. Putting them there keeps them handy if I ever have rear passengers.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
The things you have to have kids to know about. Ill say some cars are harder to get to than others. The seat at least tips forward.

KYFord4x4

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Auto worker
I noticed these hook-like things behind the seat. It does not appear that they are in use for anything.
1714133891935-4z.png
If you look in the manual, these are child seat restraint hard points. There's a strap on the back of a child seat that loops around the back of the seat to secure it. Might be useful for other cargo securing purposes, but that's what it is.

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
If you look in the manual, these are child seat restraint hard points. There's a strap on the back of a child seat that loops around the back of the seat to secure it. Might be useful for other cargo securing purposes, but that's what it is.
Yeah, not sure you read the entire thread, but we figured that out.

EricJo

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
And they SUCK!!!!!

By putting them on the back wall instead of the back of the seat they are nearly impossible to install the seat AND they are impossible to un-install the seat. You can't tip the seatback down enough to get your hand in to remove the clip.

Every other car I've installed car seats in clip to the back of the seat.

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
And they SUCK!!!!!

By putting them on the back wall instead of the back of the seat they are nearly impossible to install the seat AND they are impossible to un-install the seat. You can't tip the seatback down enough to get your hand in to remove the clip.

Every other car I've installed car seats in clip to the back of the seat.
Having never installed a car seat, I can't relate. But they do seem very helpful for dog restraints!

carbonranger

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger FX4
I have 2 kids and let me tell you it is a pain in the ass to get the car seats into those hooks. You have to partially pull the seat forward then contort your body to clip it in the tighten it while pulling your arm out. I can get 2 kids back there but it is a tight squeeze.
Sponsored