First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I’m not a fan of eBay, have had to many problems in the past with fraud multiple times. After 15hours back and forth they said to file a case with the Federal Department of law, and I’ve never used them since.

I see the Anzo ones but I might just stick stock.
Many on Amazon for about $350. Getting OEM from Ford will be be about $1100. Just be sure to get ones that are blind spot compatible. Then you just trade in your existing module and your good to go.
Sponsored

Dmitri

First Name
Dmitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT FX4
You are correct as the instructions do spec three per side. I wanted to retain the Tremor rear recovery hooks and based on the attached, that is hiding the third bolt hole on each side. Pick of Curt mounting point for reference.

IMG_20220816_222132785.jpg
Is it factory recovery ring attached to under bumper frame? So does it mean that if I have no tow package I can use bumper ball hitch hole with soft shackle for recovery?

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Is it factory recovery ring attached to under bumper frame? So does it mean that if I have no tow package I can use bumper ball hitch hole with soft shackle for recovery?
The recovery ring is part of the factory bumper cross brace only on the Tremor package and only when you don't get a factory receiver hitch. Not sure I would use a soft shackle through the factory bumper ball mount hole. The bumper wasn't rated for as much weight as a receiver hitch. I would suggest adding a receiver hitch and do recoveries leveraging the 2" receiver hitch.

Dmitri

First Name
Dmitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT FX4
The recovery ring is part of the factory bumper cross brace only on the Tremor package and only when you don't get a factory receiver hitch. Not sure I would use a soft shackle through the factory bumper ball mount hole. The bumper wasn't rated for as much weight as a receiver hitch. I would suggest adding a receiver hitch and do recoveries leveraging the 2" receiver hitch.
I’m thinking order Curt class 3 hitch receiver. But just curious if ford attached a recovery ring to bumper brace so that should handle recovery but same time bumper towing rated for 3500lb. I’m not an engineer but it sounds weird to me.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
I’m thinking order Curt class 3 hitch receiver. But just curious if ford attached a recovery ring to bumper brace so that should handle recovery but same time bumper towing rated for 3500lb. I’m not an engineer but it sounds weird to me.
Note the placement of the Tremor recovery rings in the photo. They are directly inline with the frame rail. Likely much stronger there as opposed to the center if the bumper. You could probably purchase the factory Tremor cross brace to get the welded on recovery rings. Note that the rear bumper has to come off to get to that cross brace as it bolts in place of the factory receiver hitch. Buying the Curt hitch is most likely going to be much cheaper.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
*Buying the curt hitch installing it and using a proper recovery point in the hitch is going to be much cheaper...

ThatsAMonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger Lariat 4x4, Triumph Bonneville T120
Money pit continues! Borla exhaust with black dual tips went on. Have to say, I do love the exhaust note, definitely a bit louder when starting her up but it's a nice sound overall, not obnoxious at all.

PXL_20240426_184911829.jpg

PXL_20240426_020522541.jpg
Looked up a video on the Borla exhaust and I loved the "sounds like a Focus RS". I know video audio doesn't do it justice. Does it sound fitting for the Ranger? I kind of like the raspy sound from the sound clip.
I have to say those door panels look great with the fenders. 🤙

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Money pit continues! Borla exhaust with black dual tips went on. Have to say, I do love the exhaust note, definitely a bit louder when starting her up but it's a nice sound overall, not obnoxious at all.
Yeap, knowing how good the Borla exhaust sounds on the Focus (I don't have it on mine) I decided to get the Ford Performance (by Borla) for my Ranger.

RangerBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Looked up a video on the Borla exhaust and I loved the "sounds like a Focus RS". I know video audio doesn't do it justice. Does it sound fitting for the Ranger? I kind of like the raspy sound from the sound clip.
I have to say those door panels look great with the fenders. 🤙
thank you!

Rock squirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Finished installing the Ford Performance OME lift from over the weekend. I’ll admit, it was a total pain, but my quick test drive seems nicer than stock FX4. Now just waiting for tires to come in so I can mount all new tires and wheels.