Gun Related Pictures and Chat

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
I like it! But DAMN...now the prices of >10 round mags is gonna go up. Gotta get me some more before they go crazy again.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Finally!!! After fighting with the post office for the past 2 weeks, I have my upper assembly!!:dance::handsinair::turkey::champagne: I can now put it all together. EXCEPT the Ejection Dust cover. I am missing the tiny "c" clip....
Well...come to find out, I am not missing the c clip. It was hiding behind the rolled part of the dust cover where the rod goes. It had slid down behind it and I didn't see it until it moved when I inserted the rod into the cover to show the wife how it was supposed to be installed. That damn thing is TINY!! I have sent an email apologizing to the company for my assumption.

I have the dust cover on and waiting on the bench block to finish putting all of it together. Been waiting this long...a little longer won't hurt. I did do some painting on the forward assist button and the muzzle brake. I wonder how long the paint will last on the muzzle brake? It was an easy paint job so it won't be hard to remove if needed. I will post a pic after all is done. Now to do a pistol or 2.

Does anyone have an opinion or experience with this company and their lowers? Tennessee Arms

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well...come to find out, I am not missing the c clip. It was hiding behind the rolled part of the dust cover where the rod goes. It had slid down behind it and I didn't see it until it moved when I inserted the rod into the cover to show the wife how it was supposed to be installed. That damn thing is TINY!! I have sent an email apologizing to the company for my assumption.

I have the dust cover on and waiting on the bench block to finish putting all of it together. Been waiting this long...a little longer won't hurt. I did do some painting on the forward assist button and the muzzle brake. I wonder how long the paint will last on the muzzle brake? It was an easy paint job so it won't be hard to remove if needed. I will post a pic after all is done. Now to do a pistol or 2.

Does anyone have an opinion or experience with this company and their lowers? Tennessee Arms
I've heard of them but know nothing about them. Doing a quick search there was nothing bad that came up which is a good thing. There are a lot of good companies out there who just don't have the big name like Daniel Defense or LaRue but they still make quality products for a lot less. Can't wait to see your build!

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard of them but know nothing about them. Doing a quick search there was nothing bad that came up which is a good thing. There are a lot of good companies out there who just don't have the big name like Daniel Defense or LaRue but they still make quality products for a lot less. Can't wait to see your build!
Thanks Dave. I couldn't find anything glaringly bad either. Mostly good reviews and the normal negative nancy's. Even if it has a little bit of an issue with fit (tightness) it is polymer and can be "corrected" easily. Think I will give them a try soon. The Anderson lower I have is back in stock at Primary Arms for $47.00. Gonna grab me one just to have for another build.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks Dave. I couldn't find anything glaringly bad either. Mostly good reviews and the normal negative nancy's. Even if it has a little bit of an issue with fit (tightness) it is polymer and can be "corrected" easily. Think I will give them a try soon. The Anderson lower I have is back in stock at Primary Arms for $47.00. Gonna grab me one just to have for another build.
Anderson is a good example. They had an issue a few years back with their tolerances being off ,bad batch of lowers. Since then they still get a bad rap for that but they've upped their QC and their lowers are just fine, especially for what we're using them for. Now if I were shooting competition I'd go with something better like Aero precision,LaRue etc but for us weekend warriors these are just fine.

I'm actually picking up my Anderson lower today. It came in a couple weeks ago but I haven't had time to get it and wasn't in ant rush. I have 2 others still in the safe but realized I had 3 parts kits...Doah!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I finally got around to picking up my Anderson lower from my FFL yesterday. I have 2 other lowers in the safe but 3 build kits which I'm saving in case you know who wins then I'll sell them for a nice profit.

IMG_2683.jpg

So while I'm there he has to show me this YouTube video on the B&T APC 9K which is the civilian version of the military sub gun. :facepalm: You can get them with different braces but I like the collapsable one as it's super compact. They also have a lower which takes Glock mags which I already have a bunch for my AR 9's. He's trying to become a dealer for B&T but you need to place an order fo 25K or more so he's looking to get 10 people for a group buy. These sell for $2,500.00 but he can get a group discount. Hint...Hint:wink:

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got around to picking up my Anderson lower from my FFL yesterday. I have 2 other lowers in the safe but 3 build kits which I'm saving in case you know who wins then I'll sell them for a nice profit.

IMG_2683.jpg

So while I'm there he has to show me this YouTube video on the B&T APC 9K which is the civilian version of the military sub gun. :facepalm: You can get them with different braces but I like the collapsable one as it's super compact. They also have a lower which takes Glock mags which I already have a bunch for my AR 9's. He's trying to become a dealer for B&T but you need to place an order fo 25K or more so he's looking to get 10 people for a group buy. These sell for $2,500.00 but he can get a group discount. Hint...Hint:wink:

:shock:oooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!!:shock: Me wants one!!

That is also the same lower I have. Primary Arms has them back in stock for $47.99

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
:shock:oooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!!:shock: Me wants one!!

That is also the same lower I have. Primary Arms has them back in stock for $47.99
So I'll put you down for one. :bandit: Now we need 7 more for the discount. lol

That's where I got it too at Primary Arms.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I'll put you down for one. :bandit: Now we need 7 more for the discount. lol

That's where I got it too at Primary Arms.
Yeah that's right....give me your number and I will let YOU explain it to the CFO! :curse: :giggle:

On a serious note...how is the recoil on the 9mm short (less than 10") barrels? I would like to build a smaller size for the wife, say around 5"-8" barrel. Weight is a big factor, thinking polymer lower, and a shorter barrel. I think she would be more prone to want to shoot it versus the 16" AR. With holding a handgun, after about 50 rounds with her G42, her wrists start to bother her. She injured her right one years ago and it's never really healed well.

It could also double as her new bedside gun:like:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah that's right....give me your number and I will let YOU explain it to the CFO! :curse: :giggle:

On a serious note...how is the recoil on the 9mm short (less than 10") barrels? I would like to build a smaller size for the wife, say around 5"-8" barrel. Weight is a big factor, thinking polymer lower, and a shorter barrel. I think she would be more prone to want to shoot it versus the 16" AR. With holding a handgun, after about 50 rounds with her G42, her wrists start to bother her. She injured her right one years ago and it's never really healed well.

It could also double as her new bedside gun:like:

I have several PCC's in 9mm the smallest is a 4" and 3 more in 8". All are very reasonable in recoil just make sure you get a good brace. One of mine had a Shockwave Blade brace and that would dig into your shoulder because it's hard plastic. I changed it out to a SBA3 brace which has a rubber back and it's 100% better with no felt recoil. My 4" one has a foam cheek pad and surprisingly it's very comfortable. Even my 5.56 in 8" had the SBA3 brace and it's very manageable. I would stick with the 8" one for her and the SBA3 brace and she will love it.

Have her call me I'll talk her into it. 555-867-5309 :LOL:

Here's the SBA3 brace I bought.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...table-sb-tactical-brace-black-5165448118.html

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have several PCC's in 9mm the smallest is a 4" and 3 more in 8". All are very reasonable in recoil just make sure you get a good brace. One of mine had a Shockwave Blade brace and that would dig into your shoulder because it's hard plastic. I changed it out to a SBA3 brace which has a rubber back and it's 100% better with no felt recoil. My 4" one has a foam cheek pad and surprisingly it's very comfortable. Even my 5.56 in 8" had the SBA3 brace and it's very manageable. I would stick with the 8" one for her and the SBA3 brace and she will love it.

Have her call me I'll talk her into it. 555-867-5309 :LOL:

Here's the SBA3 brace I bought.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...table-sb-tactical-brace-black-5165448118.html
Thanks. I wasn't thinking about the brace digging in. That makes sense.

I will have her call your secretary, Jenny. :like:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ooof....That was a close call! 50 cal ricochet takes off his headset!:surprised: