First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Designer
Everyone has different needs and glad you found a good mount. Looks like a sturdy setup. I was looking for something
1)Hardwired
2)No exposed charging / CarPlay wires

In my case the only time I used the “pocket” was to lay the phone in it after fumbling with a 6” cable to plug it in for the above mentioned use. I had another cable off a 12v fast charger if I wanted to load the battery faster than the factory ports. Most mounts I’ve seen usually block a vent or part of the Sync display. Wireless is great also for just charging and DirkM makes a great solution but I’m a little last century and like wired stuff when possible… mostly due to the sound quality limitations of Bluetooth.
Sponsored

BGDOGY

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 crew cab
I'm currently using the Course Motorsports mount with a generic wireless charger. The mount can be added to either side of your screen. It screws in using the factory screw behind the trim and is more sturdy than using the ones that attach to the vent. Then I use a wireless carplay adapter that works about 95% of the time.

cmrangere.JPG

9512tacoma

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Manager
I got my dock yesterday. Very fast shipping and communication via email was great. I setup my rails last night for my case/iphone 15 pro and that part was easy. The cable mount also was not a problem. Paper instructions and video explained all that part perfectly. Today I needed outside light to mount the dock. Again super easy with the video and paper instructions. I took my time on install so about 40 minutes total. Hope to post pictures tomorrow only so much time to do all this on lunch break. Thanks for making such a well designed dock for Rangers.

OP
OP
DockTailors

DockTailors

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.docktailors.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
I got my dock yesterday. Very fast shipping and communication via email was great. I setup my rails last night for my case/iphone 15 pro and that part was easy. The cable mount also was not a problem. Paper instructions and video explained all that part perfectly. Today I needed outside light to mount the dock. Again super easy with the video and paper instructions. I took my time on install so about 40 minutes total. Hope to post pictures tomorrow only so much time to do all this on lunch break. Thanks for making such a well designed dock for Rangers.
Excellent! Glad it worked well for you! Looking forward to seeing those pics.. I'm sure it really helps other folks looking for some additional feedback. Thanks @9512tacoma :like:

9512tacoma

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Manager
I'm currently using the Course Motorsports mount with a generic wireless charger. The mount can be added to either side of your screen. It screws in using the factory screw behind the trim and is more sturdy than using the ones that attach to the vent. Then I use a wireless carplay adapter that works about 95% of the time.

cmrangere.JPG
I have one of these also but just the magsafe connector plate and no charger. I like that it did not block the vent but the usb cable wire was always in the way of the ac/heat controls.

BGDOGY

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 crew cab
I have one of these also but just the magsafe connector plate and no charger. I like that it did not block the vent but the usb cable wire was always in the way of the ac/heat controls.
I tucked my wires inside the trim and brought it out down below where the USB ports are. I also got tired of them being in the way, now all I have is a really short cable tucked away.

dash.jpeg

Tremorky

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Designer
Pics after install.

IMG_0174.jpeg

IMG_0173.jpeg

IMG_0148.jpeg

IMG_0147.jpeg

IMG_0146.jpeg

IMG_0145.jpeg

IMG_0144.jpeg
I’ve discovered a “horrible downside” to the dock. My forgetfulness causes me to leave the phone on the dock anx I have to make a trip back out to the truck to get it… 😂. Maybe 2.0 will trigger a screen on shutdown “Hey Idiot….”

9512tacoma

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Manager
I’ve discovered a “horrible downside” to the dock. My forgetfulness causes me to leave the phone on the dock anx I have to make a trip back out to the truck to get it… 😂. Maybe 2.0 will trigger a screen on shutdown “Hey Idiot….”
So far I have not left the phone behind. I have a magsafe wallet magnetically attached to my sun visor. My habits are to always look up grab that and attach it to my iphone and put it in my pocket when exiting the truck.

OP
OP
DockTailors

DockTailors

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.docktailors.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Pics after install.

IMG_0174.jpeg

IMG_0173.jpeg

IMG_0148.jpeg

IMG_0147.jpeg

IMG_0146.jpeg

IMG_0145.jpeg

IMG_0144.jpeg
This looks excellent!! Thanks for the pics @9512tacoma! Really gets the angle the phone sits — where it slides in between the dash and the shifter. May just be me but it's a quite natural docking sensation getting in and out of your truck and going into/out of park.. once you get used to it anyways :)

So far I have not left the phone behind. I have a magsafe wallet magnetically attached to my sun visor. My habits are to always look up grab that and attach it to my iphone and put it in my pocket when exiting the truck.
This actually happens to me fairly often too 😅 Mostly when I get home. I don't need my phone right away versus going into the office or the store. I can't imagine going back to a claw though.. I have units in my DD Fusion Hybrid and the Ranger and I don't even think about taking my phone out of my back pocket or waiting for Android Auto to connect.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
This looks very cool. My concern is just losing access to be able to plug a USB stick into the other USB receptacle up there easily while this doc is in position. Right now my solution is just a particular design of perfect length cable that has a 90 degree USB C plug on the end and I set my phone down there. This setup allows for another USB stick full of music. (64 GB worth that I don't have to dump on my phone's memory)
1702141736860.jpeg

This setup has worked well since 2019

Tremorky

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Designer
This looks very cool. My concern is just losing access to be able to plug a USB stick into the other USB receptacle up there easily while this doc is in position. Right now my solution is just a particular design of perfect length cable that has a 90 degree USB C plug on the end and I set my phone down there. This setup allows for another USB stick full of music. (64 GB worth that I don't have to dump on my phone's memory)
1702141736860.jpeg

This setup has worked well since 2019
I have a Samsung Fit 128GB USB with flac files. I’ll check in a bit to see if I can easily remove it and let you know. I used one of the short cables for a bit and wasn’t fond of fiddling with it to plug and unplug for a short time but everyone has different usage patterns and dislikes.

Tremorky

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Designer
I have a Samsung Fit 128GB USB with flac files. I’ll check in a bit to see if I can easily remove it and let you know. I used one of the short cables for a bit and wasn’t fond of fiddling with it to plug and unplug for a short time but everyone has different usage patterns and dislikes.
I’ve got medium sized hand and skinny fingers. I can unplug the usb and plug it back in but it is a tight fit and took a little maneuvering to get it plugged back in.
It would only take 5 mins to completely remove the dock and put it back if you had to. Not a bad deal unless you remove the drive often

OP
OP
DockTailors

DockTailors

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.docktailors.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
@Zaph totally understand! As @Tremorky pointed out the space is there — but agreed it is a little tight. I would've loved to have made it larger but that block of plastic behind the cable opening is the primary support between the clamping mechanisms 😥

cables.jpg

Received a new shipment of cables from Eaton — USB A to Lightning cables are back in stock!
Sponsored