Annoyance while typing - Question

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Just curious, as I have not seen anyone else complain about it.

Does anyone else have the issue on this site and while you are typing your cursor will magically move to a previously typed sentence?
or
Have you had a post almost complete then the screen glitches for a split second and everything you typed is gone? Which by the way just happened. :angry:

I think it is related to the Pop-Up Ad's as the issue appears to happen sometimes but not always when they pop up. Mainly the Ad's in the lower right corner. (Video's)

I never really learned to type the way I am supposed to, even after having typing class in the 7th grade, so I am a hunt and peck typer, I am fairly good at it, but no typing speed tests for me.
The problem is I do not see the issue until I have typed a few letters and have to go back a correct it. :angry:
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager

Does anyone else have the issue on this site and while you are typing your cursor will magically move to a previously typed sentence?
or
Have you had a post almost complete then the screen glitches for a split second and everything you typed is gone? Which by the way just happened. :angry:

I think it is related to the Pop-Up Ad's as the issue appears to happen sometimes but not always when they pop up. Mainly the Ad's in the lower right corner. (Video's)

I never really learned to type the way I am supposed to, even after having typing class in the 7th grade, so I am a hunt and peck typer, I am fairly good at it, but no typing speed tests for me.
The problem is I do not see the issue until I have typed a few letters and have to go back a correct it. :angry:
I view this forum on my desktop using Firefox. I have not had the issue as you described. Also, I don't receive any ads. (Don't tell anyone.)

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

or

That's happened but rarely...what I do hate is...I start to reply to a thread then change my mind...come back much later after people have gave more input...I reply to another poster and magically my previous start of reply is added...the only way to erase my typing history is to just go ahead and post my half reply and immediately delete it...annoying...

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
...No can't stay that I do. This installation of XenForo seems to be pretty stable.
I'm using Firefox with Adblock.

Sounds like it's on your end.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
That's happened but rarely...what I do hate is...I start to reply to a thread then change my mind...come back much later after people have gave more input...I reply to another poster and magically my previous start of reply is added...the only way to erase my typing history is to just go ahead and post my half reply and immediately delete it...annoying...
I hear you Sid! It’s worse when you hit Reply by mistake. :mad: That crap stays in memory forever.

@airline tech

I use my iPad and iPhone and I’ve noticed some weird glitches with typing. Maybe it’s an issue with the recent update. 🤷‍♂️

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I reply on my phone a lot and have an ad blocker. No issues like that.
There is an autosave feature that will save your text when replying. Saves every few minutes I think. If I decide not to post my reply, I'll go back and erase everything and just leave a period. If you don't leave something, the last thing you type is saved. Occasionally you'll see my posts start with a dot and that is why.
If you think the things I post are bad, you should see the ones I don't. :LOL:

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I use Brave and am pretty happy with it. No issues like you describe. No issues with ads. However, there is no indication of misspellings (probably misspelled misspellings). And I usually don't catch them until after I submit the post.
Sponsored