Factory overhead console with upfitter switches.

jmelair

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
retired
looks like we'd need the whole overhead console w/switches, then a wiring harness adapter to reroute the existing switches to the headliner. If they use (as I suspect) small gauge wiring, soldering the wires together is going to be a PITA, and we'd need to acquire a cap to cover the dash where the old switches were... piece of cake, right?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
looks like we'd need the whole overhead console w/switches, then a wiring harness adapter to reroute the existing switches to the headliner. If they use (as I suspect) small gauge wiring, soldering the wires together is going to be a PITA, and we'd need to acquire a cap to cover the dash where the old switches were... piece of cake, right?
I think the OP, with a 2019 MY, meant this as a useful set of upfitters for non-Tremors or as an extra set of upfitters for Tremor's but, yeah, a PITA.

As with other ROW Ranger parts & accessories, there’s no fitment guarantee. Who knows if it would match up nicely with the contours, cutouts, or anchoring points of our headliners? Then there’s all the electrical extras to consider.

I think it looks great and it’s an excellent option………if it fits. Will it become another driver’s side A-pillar grab handle and trim experiment or will it be a big home run?

Who wants to go first? 😀

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure why more truck/cars don't use this space for switches...overhead is much easier to reach than the dash...

LTFoig5.jpg

Last edited:

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
Not sure why more truck/cars don't use this space for switches...overhead is much easier to reach than the dash...

LTFoig5.jpg
mounted mine same place did run the 12v wire for them
Sponsored