CRC GDI Cleaner

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
I know some are fans of the catch cans, but was looking into adding this routine before my scheduled oil changes (5000 miles). Figured a day or two before my oil change I would spend the $30-$40 for a cleaning system like Berrymans or CRC and do a valve cleaning to maintain it. While I understand the catch can does do some good, my opinion is just clean/wash away this crud on regular intervals and it should be just as efficient in my opinion. Anyone here doing this or similar?
Sponsored

Josebd

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Road maintenance county
Hi Dmax,

I can not really say as it depends to a great extent how you drive, but if you notice a degradation in performance or difficulties with simply starting the vehicle and it stalls, then that would be an indicator to try the CRC treatment. However as for a preventive measure, I would think every other oil change would be a good benchmark, depending on time and effort. I support the drive it like you stole it. If you have viewed the thread of the torturer test of the F150 V6, they did not need any treatment as the teardown did not show any significant problems meriting any remedial action.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
can you show a picture on where to spray the cleaner?