First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Mark, it’s important to have a little bit more info just so you know exactly what you might be in for. Particularly as it relates to crash bars.

@Colo_Ranger - I see you have no front crash bars - were the rear bars also removed, cut, replaced with aftermarket?

@AndyMedic - what’s your crash bar situation - removed, cut, aftermarket?

Mark already rubs at full lock and if he throws on a spacer or goes with a lower offset wheel to provide some back space, that rubbing could get worse. Did you guys experience the same? How did you remedy it?
Thanks Duke! So, the ready lift high clearance bars are going in as we speak. also having the right rear brake fixed - again lol. I figured if it was already going to the shop id let the pros put up with removing the stock bars.

so when I get the truck back it will have the 2.5 lift all around from the Bilsteins and leaf pack, the ready lift high clearance crash bars and stock sport 17 wheels. the tires i put on are 285 70 17 Cooper Evolution M/T. I think part of my issue is that the Coopers run big. most 285 70 17 are like 32.4 - 32.6. The Coopers are almost dead on 33 at 32.97.
The tires rub at full hard left and right turn without compression or flex. The sport wheels and new tires do clear the suspension parts / spindle but its very close. a number two pencil can just slide between. barely.
So i feel like i need the tires to move out to toward the fender. however, like you said i dont want that to make a new issue lol.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Duke! So, the ready lift high clearance bars are going in as we speak. also having the right rear brake fixed - again lol. I figured if it was already going to the shop id let the pros put up with removing the stock bars.

so when I get the truck back it will have the 2.5 lift all around from the Bilsteins and leaf pack, the ready lift high clearance crash bars and stock sport 17 wheels. the tires i put on are 285 70 17 Cooper Evolution M/T. I think part of my issue is that the Coopers run big. most 285 70 17 are like 32.4 - 32.6. The Coopers are almost dead on 33 at 32.97.
The tires rub at full hard left and right turn without compression or flex. The sport wheels and new tires do clear the suspension parts / spindle but its very close. a number two pencil can just slide between. barely.
So i feel like i need the tires to move out to toward the fender. however, like you said i dont want that to make a new issue lol.
I’m glad those bars are going in. It seems folks think you’re good with your spindle clearance but some small spacers or a set of +30mm or so offset wheels will solve that.

See how we spend your money here, huh? Your speedo will be off by about 5-6%. When your speedo reads 57, you’ll be doing about 60. Your truck will also calculate your gas mileage incorrectly. It will calculate worse than reality. You can fix it in Forscan (I don’t know how) or with some tunes.

Post pics.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I’m glad those bars are going in. It seems folks think you’re good with your spindle clearance but some small spacers or a set of +30mm or so offset wheels will solve that.

See how we spend your money here, huh? Your speedo will be off by about 5-6%. When your speedo reads 57, you’ll be doing about 60. Your truck will also calculate your gas mileage incorrectly. It will calculate worse than reality. You can fix it in Forscan (I don’t know how) or with some tunes.

Post pics.
I can adjust the speedo with the ford perf pack tuner. The wheel spacing thing is a brain buster for me.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i would post pics of the rub and fit but the 5g is at the mechanics shop

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
I'll add my truck to this list after finally upgrade wheels and tires. I decided to go the pizza cutter route after watching tinkerers adventure video. I went from a 285/65r18 Falken Wildpeak from a Tundra TRD Pro oem tires on stock ranger wheels with 2" wheel spacers and no rub to Black Rhino Shogun 17x8.5 -10mm offset and 255/80r17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W. No rub w/ Front crash bars are removed and 2.5 RC lift blocks on front for now. These are just barely poking out with my fender flares.
Black Rhino.jpeg
IMG_4367.JPG
Black Rhino 4.jpeg
Love the pizza cutter tires!! Much more contact front to rear vs side to side. The longer tire works for me anyhow, does not seem to eat my mpg either. I have a smaller 255 75 17. Its an fx2 all stock, except for my tailgate assist, and they make a huge difference

Lost_Ranger

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Ops Tech
Truck looks awesome. What tires are those? Red tow hooks and black ovals and you would have the perfect Ranger. Just kidding-sort of. Super looking truck.
Thank you! The tires are Maxxis Razr M/T.

Red tow hooks would look pretty good. 🤔
Sponsored