Test Drove A Maverick Today

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
No mark up, but good luck seeing it. The one I ordered never started down the assembly line before I needed a new truck and got the ranger with no mark up/under sticker price.
We ordered a black Maverick EcoBoost XLT FX4 for my dad who is in his 80s in October. It is still sitting at unscheduled clean in the system. What that means according to the dealer is it will eventually schedule and build, but when? That’s anyone’s guess. I told him it’ll probably be summer before it shows up.
Sponsored

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
No thanks, I despise "rubber band" transmissions...

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I think the Ecoboost has a conventional 8 speed auto doesn't it?
Correct. EcoBoost engines paired only with the 8 speed automatic.

And the eCVT in the hybrid isn't like a typical CVT.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
Well since I had off today I decided to go check out the new Maverick. Local Ford dealer had an electric blue XLT FX4…
Drives Great with the 2.0 EcoBoost!!
Smooth as silk rolling down the highway…definitely a cartruck…?
This one has the 4K towing package and is full AWD.
Nice ergonomic setup in the cab, which is definitely as big as our Rangers.
I’m thinking of trading in the Kona Ultimate for the Maverick as my daily driver.
Problem is, like I said in a previous post….not the time to buy unless you REALLY need too. They want 3K over sticker for that thing! NO WAY!
$31,350
Nice truck though!
Kid told me if you order from Ford no markup…?

513ACB5C-C607-472F-A771-72028D8D1198.jpeg

FC3D5649-9941-43B9-8F22-C17887EA722D.jpeg
I like them --- I really dont need a big truck but one thing that would bother me is the small bed I have a kayak in the bed of the ranger and the 5 ft bed makes it look pretty crazy as it is! I think if they can ever make enough of them, the will sell a lot of maverick's!!! nice looking truck and a pretty good size I would also like the better more 'car like' ride. again for someone who doesnt need a " real " truck but they look like they're perfect

RedlyrsRevenge

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Carbonized Gray SuperCab STX FX4
Occupation
MH/FE Parts Salesman
No thanks, I despise "rubber band" transmissions...
Good thing it doesn't have one then.

Ecoboost has an 8-speed auto and the hybrid is an eCVT which is way different from the craptastic belt drive ones in Nissans and the like.
Ford has been using the eCVT for a while and it is probably one of the best out there.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I read today Ford stopped taking orders for the Maverick
Yes, I saw that too. They have reached mfg capacity with the existing orders.

I don’t mind it but I’m surprised they didn’t at least fake a separated box to make it look that much more like a pickup. (Like Honda did)

AD920F94-37F9-4231-8771-264A39D09972.jpeg

Last edited:

RedlyrsRevenge

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Carbonized Gray SuperCab STX FX4
Occupation
MH/FE Parts Salesman
Yes, I saw that too. They have reached mfg capacity with the existing orders.

I don’t mind it but I’m surprised they didn’t at least fake a separated box to make it look that much more like a pickup. (Like Honda did)
I'd love to see the reasoning behind that. I wonder if it is something to do with isolating the noise and vibration? Not familiar with the Ridgeline's body design.

I should have looked at the Maverick on the lot while I was waiting for my ride this morning at the dealership.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I'd love to see the reasoning behind that. I wonder if it is something to do with isolating the noise and vibration? Not familiar with the Ridgeline's body design.

I should have looked at the Maverick on the lot while I was waiting for my ride this morning at the dealership.
My guess is that it could be there for at least two reasons…
  1. Purely for the visual
  2. Collision repairs
I just think it looks proper.

F4FAE65C-409D-42BB-B330-2E7EB59111B9.jpeg

Last edited:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I think the Ecoboost has a conventional 8 speed auto doesn't it?
Indeed it does, well that narrows down the engine choice by 50%...

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat, '18 Focus RS, '17 Escape Titanium
That sucks....I will give you an X Plan which is ½% above dealer invoice. Bet they refuse to honor the X plan but might work..... I was going to buy a Ford GT, but dealer was $100,000 over MSRP...Still in the bidding but fellow just offered any amount over best offer... I hate dealer gouging.

Since I do not accept PM due to an overwhelmed inbox.... Mods can get to me to tell me of your interest....Most folks will not take this rounte, but if you are serious I would like to help if I can...

Best,
Phil
Phil, Funny you should mention the GT. I was going to buy one and at sticker of $135K it was doable. Talked to my dealer (family friend) and he said he could get me one, but it would $165K. Too much so I said no. Wish I'd have bought it. Last week's auction one went for $450K (all four options with less than 1000 miles). I knew it would go up, but whoa...

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Phil, Funny you should mention the GT. I was going to buy one and at sticker of $135K it was doable. Talked to my dealer (family friend) and he said he could get me one, but it would $165K. Too much so I said no. Wish I'd have bought it. Last week's auction one went for $450K (all four options with less than 1000 miles). I knew it would go up, but whoa...
Hi Jim,

I was engaged to my now wife and we were walking by the Ford Dealer in Troy Mi which had one in display..think it was one I flogged at the handling track that was placed on the show circuit. I told her that was likely going to be my next car....she said like hell you are going to spend that kind of money on a sports car..... So cancelled my deal with my friend and salesman. Then we bought a $250,000 RV...about $75000 over what I would have paid for the GT....and GT prices are increasing and my RV is $40,000 at best....Sigh.....

Best,
Phil

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
That sucks....I will give you an X Plan which is ½% above dealer invoice. Bet they refuse to honor the X plan but might work..... I was going to buy a Ford GT, but dealer was $100,000 over MSRP...Still in the bidding but fellow just offered any amount over best offer... I hate dealer gouging.

Since I do not accept PM due to an overwhelmed inbox.... Mods can get to me to tell me of your interest....Most folks will not take this rounte, but if you are serious I would like to help if I can...

Best,
Phil
That is so nice. :)

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Hi Jim,

I was engaged to my now wife and we were walking by the Ford Dealer in Troy Mi which had one in display..think it was one I flogged at the handling track that was placed on the show circuit. I told her that was likely going to be my next car....she said like hell you are going to spend that kind of money on a sports car..... So cancelled my deal with my friend and salesman. Then we bought a $250,000 RV...about $75000 over what I would have paid for the GT....and GT prices are increasing and my RV is $40,000 at best....Sigh.....

Best,
Phil
But what price love?

Happy wife, happy life. Even though life may have been a bit happier with a GT in the garage :D
Sponsored