I test drove a Ranger Raptor yesterday....

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed
Considering you are in Orange County, surprised they have had that one sitting around so long. Aside from the ONE 2wd FX4, I have not seen any other 6G Rangers at two dealers. What I was surprised was seeing a F150 Raptor R and normal Raptor both in stock at one dealer. Guessing the markup must be quite high lol. Now, the Raptor R is something I wish I could afford.

here's the one I drove Sunday. On the phone they said $10,000 over msrp and then they come to $5,500 over.......it's been there about a week give or take.......the window sticker add on says $12,000 over.......
https://www.fairwayfordplacentia.com/inventory/new-2024-ford-ranger-raptor®-4x4-supercrew®-1fter4lr8rle23708/

but it sucks that it doesn't say the REAL price online and instead you have to call and hopefully get the right person who will tell you the actual price without driving there!

this one was marked at $10,000 over msrp for a week and today dropped to $5,000 over......hmmmm......they might be seeing the writing on the wall.....stop gouging us!! https://www.santamargaritaford.com/inventory/new-2024-ford-ranger-raptor-4wd-supercrew®-1fter4lr0rle21824/
Sponsored

Last edited:

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
I wouldn't have even drove out after seeing 5500 over sticker.
Why people pay over list price for an item that looses value, I’ll never get it.
If you knew how much it costs a manufacturer to build any vehicle, you'd drive a bicycle and be happy. Dealer's 'over MSRP' price is peanuts.

Mighty Little Blue

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Supercab FX4
Occupation
Printer
Vehicle Showcase
If you knew how much it costs a manufacturer to build any vehicle, you'd drive a bicycle and be happy. Dealer's 'over MSRP' price is peanuts.
Confused, not sure how to read what you are saying? Vehicles are cheap or expensive to build? Either way I have never paid even MSRP for a new vehicle always under by a decent amount. Last one was the 2021 Ranger Lariat Supercab FX4 MSRP almost 40k paid 34k.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
here's the one I drove Sunday. On the phone they said $10,000 over msrp and then they come to $5,500 over.......it's been there about a week give or take.......the window sticker add on says $12,000 over.......
https://www.fairwayfordplacentia.com/inventory/new-2024-ford-ranger-raptor®-4x4-supercrew®-1fter4lr8rle23708/

but it sucks that it doesn't say the REAL price online and instead you have to call and hopefully get the right person who will tell you the actual price without driving there!

this one was marked at $10,000 over msrp for a week and today dropped to $5,000 over......hmmmm......they might be seeing the writing on the wall.....stop gouging us!! https://www.santamargaritaford.com/inventory/new-2024-ford-ranger-raptor-4wd-supercrew®-1fter4lr0rle21824/
It's nice to see any vehicle that is marked up either sitting on a dealers lot or marked down. I think this high inflation has eroded a lot of people disposable income and even those that still have it are aware how much less buying power you have now.

I also think some have finally smartened up after seeing what happened with the Bronco and how much people paid just to be the first ones to own one. $20K+ over MSRP is insane for something that depreciates the minute you drive it off the lot. Now 3-4 years later Ford is offering $3k - $6K in rebates for one. lol But as always there's several still out there with more money than brains.

1718802282470-ib.jpg

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
It's nice to see any vehicle that is marked up either sitting on a dealers lot or marked down. I think this high inflation has eroded a lot of people disposable income and even those that still have it are aware how much less buying power you have now.

I also think some have finally smartened up after seeing what happened with the Bronco and how much people paid just to be the first ones to own one. $20K+ over MSRP is insane for something that depreciates the minute you drive it off the lot. Now 3-4 years later Ford is offering $3k - $6K in rebates for one. lol But as always there's several still out there with more money than brains.

1718802282470-ib.jpg
I was at my dealer for a Works Package (66,000mi in 37mos. Yeesh!) and
while waiting, I strolled the lot. They had about two dozen Broncos, a few were 2doors, and the rest were 4doors with the standard soft top and none had the optional insulation package that I could see. Only one MIC hardtop! Rebtes in my area on them range from $2000-$2500 depending on equipment. I'd be tempted to test drive one on a below zero day to see how the heating and road noise is. It seems the hardtops are mostly constrained to retail orders.

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed

1718802282470-ib.jpg

the second dealer I listed that just dropped the price from $10K over to $5K over is where I bought my Tremor......still stings that I paid $1,500 over msrp but in hindsight I really didn't know exactly what I was getting and it turned out to be the best truck ever!!....after 2021 Ford deleted more little crap....like the hood struts......but more importantly for me is that after 2021 the Ford Performance Tune isn't CARB legal is CA.....I hate the smog BS rules in CA but that's for another day!!......but I hope these sleazy dealers start to realize the "game" has changed and now the buyers are in charge and won't pay OVER msrp and hopefully we start getting deals under msrp.......cuz the inflation sucks and so do interest rates......the days of easy $$$$ for dealers is soon to be over.....at least I hope, to make up for them ripping us off in the past few years!!

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Confused, not sure how to read what you are saying? Vehicles are cheap or expensive to build? Either way I have never paid even MSRP for a new vehicle always under by a decent amount. Last one was the 2021 Ranger Lariat Supercab FX4 MSRP almost 40k paid 34k.
Same here?
See, thats what makes car buying great.
I got my 21 tremor under invoice. I was ready to walk away and just keep driving my old 2013 f150. I wasn’t expecting that price. I got to the dealer and it was already listed under invoice. Then I got another $500.00 off for a 1st responders discount

It’s a disposable object, I will never pay over the list price for a vehicle (new).
Some people just gotta have it! So they will gladly line the dealers pockets with free money.
Somebody must have bought the $93,000 bronco raptor my local dealer had on the showroom floor finally! 😅

My 3 bedroom 2 bath house on an acre of land I bought and did some work to cost me 79,000 25 years ago. I figure it’s worth double that at least now.

What’s a raptor, ranger, bronco, etc worth in 25 years?
We are not taking 60s muscle cars here.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Riverside in Havelock, NC has a blue Ranger Raptor with the extra graphics. If someone here decides to get get, I suggest asking for Albra and mention John with the Cyber Orange Ranger Thunder. But, it does look like they are asking $5k over sticker, but it's been there over a month, so maybe they are ready to drop that if asked.
Sponsored