SuperCrew
DRIVETRAIN (4x4 / 4x2)
4x2
MODS - POWERTRAIN / DRIVETRAIN
1. Bolt on BOV
2. DNA Motoring Air Filter
3. MBRP 3in AL Turn Down Cat-Back Exhaust
MODS - SUSPENSION / CHASSIS
1. Ready lift SST Lift (3- inch front, 1- inch rear)
2. Ready lift intrusion/crash bars
MODS - LIFT HEIGHT
3" Lift
MODS - WHEELS / TIRES / BRAKES
1. (Rocktrix) 17x9 -12 offest
2. (Maxxis Razar AT) 285/70/17
3. Hub centric rings 93.1mm to 106.1mm
4.12x1.5 Black Extended Thread Spline Lug Nuts ET Tapered Conical Seat
5. Set Of 4 OEM Tire Pressure Sensor for Ford F-150 Explorer Mustang F2GZ-1A189-AB

Stock Brakes
MODS - TIRE SIZE
33" Tires
MODS - EXTERIOR
1. Stuby Antenna
2. Rocky Mountain Graphics rear fenders and tailgate
3. 5 Ft Truck Bed Soft Top Folding Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
4. Tailgate Assist Shock Struts Bar Liftgate Support
5. Led Side Marker Turn Signal Lights Flow Dynamic Smoked
MODS - INTERIOR
1. Seat covers
2. Ignition bezel
3. Door seal/scuff plate protectors
4. Husky Liners floor mats
MODS - SOFTWARE / TUNE / PROGRAMMER
Hypertech 3300 Speedo Calibration
HISTORY, STORY, EXPERIENCE, COMMENTS
I knew I wanted 285/70/17 tires with 17x9 -12 wheels. After doing some research, the intrusion bars needed to be removed for clearance. I was going to have a shop remove the intrusion bars but I was quoted about $300. I decided to remove them myself.

I bought a Habor Freight grinder and two grinding disks. I quickly found out that the crash bars are hardened steel. I attempted the front bars but decided to loosen the bumper. Loosening the bumper was the easiest way to remove the front ones. It took 30 mins to do this. You will need a 21mm deep socket to remove/loosen the bumper. The rear bars took some time. I only had a 4 1/2-inch grinding wheel, so I removed the inner liner and the plastic baffle to get better access the bar. You must remove/loosen the plastic fender trim at the bottom to loosen the inner liner. After grinding/cutting off about an inch at the end of the bar, it slides out. 25 mins per side.

I dropped off the truck to mount and balance new wheels and tires along with alignment. After driving off, I noticed it rubbed the front air dam drastically. I got home and got my utility knife, and easily trimmed off what was needed to clear the tires.

There is a very minor rub on the back fender liner, but it's barely noticeable at full lock.

Ready Lift intrusion bars installed. The front bars you will not need to remove the bumper. The new bars slide right easily. The rear bars you must pull back the liner and the remove the plastic baffle. This has to be done to remove and install one of the bolts in the rear.

Now with 33-inch tires, I also noticed the speedo was off about 5-6 mph, according to the GPS on the phone.

I purchased the Hypertech Speedo calibration tool to correct it.

After about three programs, it's about 1-2 miles off over 60 mph. Under 60 mph, it's pretty close. The transmission is shifting properly as well..

Item information

Added by
Filmmaker2024
Views
Last update

More in XLT

Share this item