🎉Drive Down Memory Lane with Dad: Share Your Best Rides Together

Dunedain Ranger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL Super Cab - 2WD, 1995 Honda Accord EX Station Wagon
Memories of my dad - there are many. Some of the best ones are from our summer camping trips to Brevard, NC outside of Asheville, NC during the early-mid 70s where we camped at a place called Little Camping Resort, in our trusty Sears Ted Williams family size tent which one of my brothers still has. My dad, mom, me, and 3 brothers would pile into the first car we used which was a 1966 Yellow Pontiac Catalina and head out. Around noon, my dad would always have a knack of finding Paul Harvey on the AM radio. The next car we used for our camping trips was a 1969 Delta 88, with the Rocket 455 in it. Green with a white roof. Same details as the aforementioned trips, albeit a different car. One of the sibs has the pics. I lost my dad May 24, 2000 - miss him every day.
Sponsored

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
LOL my dad didnt like to build engines so he would just find the largest engine and put it in the smallest car, like a 427 in a Morris Minor, when that failed because of body twist it went in a 80s mail Jeep postal truck, that was scary enough without the memories of cars that had to have their firewalls and floorboards cut out to fit everything LOL scared my friends to ride in them too some are still seeing a therapist LOL spinning a 350 in the engine compartment breaking the motor mounts of a van is a sound you will remember, guess he thought the driveshaft would give way first LOL
I dont understand why none of my kids dont want to Fly with me
I try being just as crazy with my kids too, they have all been well over 120 with me, when my youngest was 4 I hear this little voice of reason from the back seat LOL kachow hey slow down there lightning mcqueen, now I hear holy shit dad as we fly through the air in the woods LOL
Dads make the world go round and dont forget it!

1718325075923-ll.jpg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Growing up, there never really were any drives or trips with just me and my dad.

There were four of us - three young boys fighting in the back seat and my little sister safe and sound between mom and dad up front. There was the repeated threat of not making him “pull this car over”.

Our trips were usually just the three-hour drive to our hometown to visit grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Sometimes, it was for a holiday like Christmas or Thanksgiving. The time spent on the drive was always much less memorable than the time with my cousins. We’d made the trip so many times, we knew what the next town would be and how close we were getting to our destination.

I moved far away as a young man and would visit my family about once a year. Short visits of a day or two - certainly no rides with my dad. Later, in my mid-thirties, I made that same familiar trip to our hometown. This time, it was just me and my dad. I drove and he was my passenger. No one fighting in the back, no one wondering how much longer until we got there. We passed through all the same little towns I, saw all the same sights I remembered as a kid. It was the quietest trip ever - not a word was spoken but it was a good trip, just me and dad.

We arrived at my uncle‘s house and, as usual, all the family was there - aunts, uncles, cousins, even some neighbours. In a small town, neighbours are a lot like family. We all enjoyed a big dinner and talked about all the old times. It was quite a night.

The next day, we all met up again. This time, the mood was certainly different as we all gathered at the local cemetery for the interment of dad’s ashes.

Was it the most memorable ride with my dad? Yeah, it was.

Last edited:

my2fish

First Name
Thad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
my2fish.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew
Occupation
Engineer
My favorite Ford truck memory with my dad was in his red 8th gen F150 (maybe a 1991?). Inline six, manual transmission - 1st gear was super tricky, but that's the truck I learned to drive a stick shift on. The truck had the left-foot operated little button on the floor board to engage the "bright" lights - but at the time, my younger brother didn't know that.

So my specific favorite memory is my dad driving, with me and my younger brother squished between us in the middle of the bench seat, and he was just amazed that my dad could change the brights to dim lights without touching anything.

Dunedain Ranger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL Super Cab - 2WD, 1995 Honda Accord EX Station Wagon
Growing up, there never really were any drives or trips with just me and my dad.

There were four of us - three young boys fighting in the back seat and my little sister safe and sound between mom and dad up front. There was the repeated threat of not making him “pull this car over”.

Our trips were usually just the three-hour drive to our hometown to visit grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Sometimes, it was for a holiday like Christmas or Thanksgiving. The time spent on the drive was always much less memorable than the time with my cousins. We’d made the trip so many times, we knew what the next town would be and how close we were getting to our destination.

I moved far away as a young man and would visit my family about once a year. Short visits of a day or two - certainly no rides with my dad. Later, in my mid-thirties, I made that same familiar trip to our hometown. This time, it was just me and my dad. I drove and he was my passenger. No one fighting in the back, no one wondering how much longer until we got there. We passed through all the same little towns I, saw all the same sights I remembered as a kid. It was the quietest trip ever - not a word was spoken but it was a good trip, just me and dad.

We arrived at my uncle‘s house and, as usual, all the family was there - aunts, uncles, cousins, even some neighbours. In a small town, neighbours are a lot like family. We all enjoyed a big dinner and talked about all the old times. It was quite a night.

The next day, we all met up again. This time, the mood was certainly different as we all gathered at the local cemetery for the interment of dad’s ashes.

Was it the most memorable ride with my dad? Yeah, it was.
very nicely written, Duke.

OP
OP
LASFIT

LASFIT

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Hi guys! We would like to express our sincere gratitude for your overwhelming response and active participation in our Heartwarming Tales contest. Your heartwarming stories and cherished memories have truly touched our hearts. 🙏🏼

After reviewing all the comments, based on the number of likes, we are thrilled to announce the lucky winners of our contest. Congratulations to the following participants:

1st prize: @Davidjc

2nd prize: @Ranger_Pawl

To all the winners, please check your private messages immediately. We will reach out to you with further details on how to claim your prizes. 💌

We would also like to thank those who did not win this time. Don't worry, we have more exciting promotions and giveaways planned for the future. Stay tuned for the latest updates and information! 😊

Once again, thank you all for sharing your heartwarming tales and making this Father's Day truly memorable. 🌟

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
very nicely written, Duke.
+1
Actually just read it for the 2nd time.

I think for typical guys our Dad memories are on a whole other level of never going to forget. Had a favorite story I was going to put here previously, but just don't think words would ever do the memory justice.

Pop's been gone almost 24 years now. And I still miss him... the hole never completely closes. Will admit that I even talk to him occasionally.

Davidjc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Super Crew
Occupation
Retired LEO
Hi guys! We would like to express our sincere gratitude for your overwhelming response and active participation in our Heartwarming Tales contest. Your heartwarming stories and cherished memories have truly touched our hearts. 🙏🏼

After reviewing all the comments, based on the number of likes, we are thrilled to announce the lucky winners of our contest. Congratulations to the following participants:

1st prize: @Davidjc

2nd prize: @Ranger_Pawl

To all the winners, please check your private messages immediately. We will reach out to you with further details on how to claim your prizes. 💌

We would also like to thank those who did not win this time. Don't worry, we have more exciting promotions and giveaways planned for the future. Stay tuned for the latest updates and information! 😊

Once again, thank you all for sharing your heartwarming tales and making this Father's Day truly memorable. 🌟
Thank you lasfit for the undeseeved gift. It is a nice gesture in the midst of a bad year. Cancer in Jan. Father-in-law died in Jan, mother in law went into nursing home in april, dog died in May, motorhome broke down in June in Colorado (still in the shop). Little wins mean a lot. So thanks again.

Davidjc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Super Crew
Occupation
Retired LEO
UPDATE: I just received the Lasfit compressor. First impression . . . This thing is heavy! Solid! And I equate that with quality when it comes to tools. I appreciate how small and compact it is. Accessories are all in the case with the compressor. This is going into the motorhome to use for quick inflation of the Firestone airbags. I love that it's battery powered. That makes it easier to use for the quick psi adjustments. I have a Vair compressor for the tires and it's a hassle to use it for some jobs. The Lasfit is perfect. I almost bought a little drill-shaped compressor last week. Glad I didn't. This is so much better. Now, if I ever get the motorhome back from Colorado, I'll get to use this Lasfit. Thanks again, Lasfit!

20240625_125755.jpg

20240625_125921.jpg
Sponsored