First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL Crew Cab
Occupation
retired
So i recently bought a 2019 Ranger XL (STX) (did not buy at dealership) and it needed most recent upgrade to SYNC3, which i did over the phone with FORD PASS (USB download, then upload to truck) - anyway so now the FORD PASS app WILL remote start the vehicle BUT will NOT turn on any climate control settings. When i go to the instrument cluster on dash i can scroll to "Remote Start" but the only options are "Duration": 5, 10 15 min - and the other option is a box to check "System" (which i of course do have checked). There is no option for "Auto" or "Last Setting". So, when i try to set for example, the A/C to come on and have the blower on highest setting, when i then remote start it and get back into the truck, it only activates the blower fan and there is no cool air whatsoever and the climate control lights to do not even come on. Could this be because this 2019 Ranger is a sort of a bare bones model (XL)? And, could it possible say that only the dealership could get into computer brain of truck and activate some say hidden settings there?
Thanks for any help!
Sponsored

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I do not think the XL (STX) package has that option, (For Auto - Climate)
As you have manual climate control, correct?

I believe that you have remote start from a add on (Perimeter (+) to the system, this gives you remote start via the Ford Pass App (Only) (If I am correct)

The Climate Control should use last setting as its remote start parameter. (I Think) for the XL trim - I have a Lariat so someone else would need to confirm.

Even if you had the (Dual Auto) Climate, you have the option of last setting or automatic based on outside and cabin temp, when cold this will also kick on the heated mirrors and rear window.
Auto mode will have full control of the (Climate) settings, temp output and blower speed.

OP
OP

Franko

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Right thank you. I def don't have option for last setting or auto. Taking in to dealer hope they can activate something to at least turn on last setting. Right now fan comes on but no matter the setting i previously left it in, no heat, cool air nor lights on manual climate control settings come on after ford pass remote start. Sorry if this is redundant. Seems like what what is the point of having remote start on ford pass even with my base model if it only starts vehicle remotely but doesn't activate any heat or a/c.

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XL Ranger 4x2 Supercrew.
Reactions: EJH

OP
OP

Franko

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Thank you for that. So, my XL only has "settings"- "truck info"-, then "remote start" - then only "duration" (5,10,15 min)and "system" box to check. No climate control listed. Am hoping dealer svc will be able to enable something using FORscan or whatever they use to enable something internally.

OP
OP

Franko

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I just checked and my 2019 (STX) only has the system check box and the duration option. No ability to set the climate control.
Ok sounds like mine. Does your climate control last setting work at all, like the last time you used vehicle? My fan comes on but thats it when i remote start via ford pass.

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok sounds like mine. Does your climate control last setting work at all, like the last time you used vehicle? My fan comes on but thats it when i remote start via ford pass.
Yes mine is the single zone manual setup. The climate control will always turn back on to whatever it was set to when I turned the truck off.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Thank you for that. So, my XL only has "settings"- "truck info"-, then "remote start" - then only "duration" (5,10,15 min)and "system" box to check. No climate control listed. Am hoping dealer svc will be able to enable something using FORscan or whatever they use to enable something internally.

Ok, I did some digging

Do you know how to find your As-Built Data File?

Use this link:
Index - FordServiceInfo.Com (motorcraftservice.com)

Look for Module 720 (IPC)
and this Hex-Line (Data Code) 720-02-02
and post what it is

One Ford (WILL NOT) alter any As-Built data, you MUST do it yourself plus Ford will not even touch Forscan and unless they are seasoned techs they may not know what Forscan is.

So, with that said, you can possibly add the function yourself with Forscan by changing as built data.

Now without trial and error, this may or may not function (fully) but it should at least add the option to the IPC Menu
As there may be more Hex-Codes that need changed for the outcome you want, but it is worth a try.

I checked and compared the FCIM and APIM for Remote Start & Climate Control related settings that were different between a Lariat & XL, did not see any other than for Heated Seats & Rear Window/Mirrors

Using Cyan Labs as the reference for breakdown of the code:

Remote Start Climate.jpeg

I suspect yours will show xxxx-2xxx
It needs changed to xxxx-Axxx

This should add the climate control settings under the Remote Start Menu

An 2022 - XL Compare
has this for 720-02-02 --- (1008-A9EC) Note: the 9= Rear Defrost (Remote Start) Enabled
Your's most likey will read this (1008-20XX) (Note: 0-Rear Defrost (remote Start) Disabled

NOTE: For a side by side (quick) reference the last 2 characters of any line are the checksum of that line, if the last 2 are different then that shows a character on that line is different

Note: you can go online and pull VIN's from Sales (links) and use that as a side by side compared to you actual Vin #

Then use the F-150 Spreadsheet or Cyanlabs Database to breakdown what all the codes actually are (features) (enabled/disabaled) etc

Hope this makes sense, It will be easier when you post what your Hex-Line actually reads but I am sure I have the correct code you have.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Ok, I did some digging

Use this link:

and post what it is

One Ford (WILL NOT) alter any As-Built data, you MUST do it yourself plus Ford will not even touch Forscan and unless they are seasoned techs they may not know what Forscan is.

So, with that said, you can possibly add the function yourself with Forscan by changing as built data.

Now without trial and error, this may or may not function (fully) but it should at least add the option to the IPC Menu
As there may be more Hex-Codes that need changed for the outcome you want, but it is worth a try.

I checked and compared the FCIM and APIM for Remote Start & Climate Control related settings that were different between a Lariat & XL, did not see any other than for Heated Seats & Rear Window/Mirrors

An 2022 - XL Compare
has this for 720-02-02 --- (1008-A9EC) Note: the 9= Rear Defrost (Remote Start) Enabled
Your's most likey will read this (1008-20XX) (Note: 0-Rear Defrost (remote Start) Disabled

NOTE: For a side by side (quick) reference the last 2 characters of any line are the checksum of that line, if the last 2 are different then that shows a character on that line is different

Note: you can go online and pull VIN's from Sales (links) and use that as a side by side compared to you actual Vin #

Then use the F-150 Spreadsheet or Cyanlabs Database to breakdown what all the codes actually are (features) (enabled/disabaled) etc

Hope this makes sense, It will be easier when you post what your Hex-Line actually reads but I am sure I have the correct code you have.
Just a suggestion, you may want to try the module configuration menus in Forscan. Simple and maybe less dangerous than editing the AsBuilt file directly. Go into the configuration menus for the IPC and look for anything to do with Remote Start and make sure it is Enabled. This should give you all available options in the instrument panel menus.

One other thing about using the F150 spreadsheet. Many (actually most) of the F150 codes do not apply to our trucks.

It is also a good idea to make a backup copy of your AsBuilt files before making any changes in Forscan. Even changes in the configuration menus. The menus just automate the changes to the AsBuilt file and some selections may change multiple AsBuilt entries.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Ref this post from "Soupie" who has an (XL)

See if this will show the - Climate Control

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/remote-start-ac-settings.5482/post-456036
LOL, thanks for finding that post! I was going to chime in the my '22 XL with 101A and tow package does have the choice of the climate control. 101A provided remote mirrors (not folding) and I have cruise control. BUT .. I have the tiny center console non-touch screen and ASS delete.

If I have it on last setting, which is where it's been for 95% of it's history. It will do the last setting and it seems to do the last setting one extra time.

LOL, what does that mean?!? Say I have full blast defrost on for mid-winter and turn it off like hat. The next remote start (FordApp or Start-X) will put it to full blast defrost. If after that start, I turn off the defrost and have nothing climate wise turned on (no fan, no power), then the next time I remote start, it uses that previous setting of full blast defrost. Only when I've turned it off twice with no climate control does it not start it. LOL, I confused myself! =p

But I can't change climate control via the app, just that settings thing in the pic below.

from the post Airline Tech linked
1714415462995-fx.png

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Ok, I did some digging

Use this link:

and post what it is

An 2022 - XL Compare

I downloaded mine but can't see how to get the view you have Airline Tech. I looked at the .ab file in Excel and Notepad and it's not too human readable. On the Ford page you linked, I do get this kind of data:

1714416359733-sr.png

It looks like this on Notepad:
<DATA LABEL="720-02-02"><CODE>0004</CODE><CODE>A1D0</CODE><CODE />

If it's any help (or anyone can use it to hack my account and pay off my loan), I'm happy to email the downloaded file.

Update: ooh, found this thing: https://www.compulsivecode.com/Project_AsBuiltCompare.aspx

That gives me this (but I dunno what to do with it ...):

1714417060070-u1.png

Last edited:

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL, thanks for finding that post! I was going to chime in the my '22 XL with 101A and tow package does have the choice of the climate control. 101A provided remote mirrors (not folding) and I have cruise control. BUT .. I have the tiny center console non-touch screen and ASS delete.

If I have it on last setting, which is where it's been for 95% of it's history. It will do the last setting and it seems to do the last setting one extra time.

LOL, what does that mean?!? Say I have full blast defrost on for mid-winter and turn it off like hat. The next remote start (FordApp or Start-X) will put it to full blast defrost. If after that start, I turn off the defrost and have nothing climate wise turned on (no fan, no power), then the next time I remote start, it uses that previous setting of full blast defrost. Only when I've turned it off twice with no climate control does it not start it. LOL, I confused myself! =p

But I can't change climate control via the app, just that settings thing in the pic below.

from the post Airline Tech linked
1714415462995-fx.png

Interesting. My 2019 has the 101A and tow package. I too have the remote mirrors (not power folding) so it seems our trucks are similarly equipped. So maybe they added this to the later year trucks? I'll need to renew my forscan license and then I can check out what my settings are.

OP
OP

Franko

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Ok so...success!! Service dept was indeed familiar with FORscan and as built data files, module changes and was able to enable the climate control with "auto or last setting" choices. Problem solved $70. I printed out what you wrote just in case and they did say it jived. So, really appreciate the help. Thanks again.
Onward and upward!

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Awesome - and rare for a dealer to do it.
Sponsored