First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Engineer
I have a 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor with 60,000 miles and the radio works, reverse camera works but the screen is black and I can't do anything with the settings through the touch screen, the ambient lights quit also. I have tried the reset with the power and seek radio buttons, the volume down and seek steering wheel buttons and I disconnected the battery for an half hour. Anyone experiencing similar problems with the black touch screen?
Sponsored

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor with 60,000 miles and the radio works, reverse camera works but the screen is black and I can't do anything with the settings through the touch screen, the ambient lights quit also. I have tried the reset with the power and seek radio buttons, the volume down and seek steering wheel buttons and I disconnected the battery for an half hour. Anyone experiencing similar problems with the black touch screen?
I had similar issue, but was able to reset and get screen back. After that I updated my software through WiFi and haven’t had issue again. That was last September.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Things to try:

Hold Seek-Up and Pwr Button for 10-Seconds.

Pull (BCM Fuse 32) for 1-Minute.

Open & Close (All-Doors) - Do the Overhead (Dome) Lights come on and go out? and is there any response to the Sync Screen?

Scan for Codes and Clear (If any)

Perform a BCM - (Self-Test) - Reset
FCIM - (Self-Test) - Reset

The Sync Screen appears that it is not receiving (Ignition Status) input - to power up, If you can get it to power up - Check for Sync Version and Update it to version (23188)

OP
OP
jbytorw

jbytorw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Engineer
The Ford logo come on the screen when starting the truck. The BCM and FCIM test I have done, the dome light comes on and goes off. I have downloaded the updates to a flash drive, but I don't have a way to install with the screen being blank. I plugged the flash drive into the USB port hopping the truck would install automatically. I will try fuse (32)

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
The Ford logo come on the screen when starting the truck. The BCM and FCIM test I have done, the dome light comes on and goes off. I have downloaded the updates to a flash drive, but I don't have a way to install with the screen being blank. I plugged the flash drive into the USB port hopping the truck would install automatically. I will try fuse (32)
If Fuse 32, does not help, Try a APIM (Self-Test) as well.
another off the wall think to try is:
Try starting the truck with the Driver's Door (Open)

Being that you are getting the (Splash Screen - Ford Logo) shows it is getting power, just not booting.

I do not remember if you have to actually hit (OK) when doing a Sync Update, I think it was all automatic via USB Stick

Start Truck, give it some time for a normal (Boot) and screen should be booted.
Insert USB Stick and let the truck idle for as much as 30-Minutes.
Normal Sync Update - Time frame is 10 to 30 minutes - To complete.

Note: The wording of the message on the Sync Screen can be confusing, It says something like Update Complete, the system will reboot:
If you pull the USB at this point, the update will FAIL - The USB must stay inserted until the screen gives you the message to (Remove the USB)

If you have (Automatic - OTA (Over the air) Updates selected (Option) then it is quite possible that the truck is in (Process) of performing an update and stuck, if this is the case, drive the truck for a day of so and see if the screen comes back.
Sponsored