OP
Colo_Ranger

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

I made a major change on Friday/Saturday. ARB Summit bumper and Badlands 12000lb winch. This is the look I have always wanted. I absolutely love the way it looks.

I have a Coastal Offroad bumper for the rear. Its being welded and cleaned up, then I will have it sandblasted and painted.

On a side note: RCI skids do not work with the ARB front bumper. A local Ranger is selling NIB ARB skids, so I will be swapping them out. It wouldn't be hard to mod the ARB mount, but I would have to take the bumper completely off and that's far too much work. This bumper, while amazing, is an absolute bitch to fit and install.

This weekend, I will swap out the skids and finish wiring up all the lights.
Sponsored

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
So you have a set of rci skids for grabs?

;)

OP
OP
Colo_Ranger

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
So you have a set of rci skids for grabs?

;)
if you’re serious, I will this weekend. $500 for the set. They’re $885 new. Normal dents and dings but in good shape. I did have to clearance them to fit around my slider, but it doesn’t affect the protection at all.

OP
OP
Colo_Ranger

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
5wxTvd_7k8XgHw4K5KFvFc=w2646-h1764-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

I was able to get the Coastal Offroad bumper installed before our trip a couple weekends ago. I absolutely love it.

I have the LRA fuel tank on order, so... that will be an upcoming modification once they ship. ETA right now is November.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
5wxTvd_7k8XgHw4K5KFvFc=w2646-h1764-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

I was able to get the Coastal Offroad bumper installed before our trip a couple weekends ago. I absolutely love it.

I have the LRA fuel tank on order, so... that will be an upcoming modification once they ship. ETA right now is November.
umm sir i think you forgot your flair lol

OP
OP
Colo_Ranger

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
umm sir i think you forgot your flair lol

I lost that during a wheeling trip. I need to buy a new one. But it’s on the passengers side and I don’t care that much. lol

Don’t worry about that little guy. @Colo_Ranger doesn’t want to talk about that.
You nailed it. Now I’ll have to cry about it.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t worry about that little guy. @Colo_Ranger doesn’t want to talk about that.
I lost that during a wheeling trip. I need to buy a new one. But it’s on the passengers side and I don’t care that much. lol

You nailed it. Now I’ll have to cry about it.
haha i gotcha i lost my flares on my tacoma back in colorado in 2019 from jumping it at the great sand dunes lmao replaced em later on but trimmed to clear later lol

OP
OP
Colo_Ranger

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_0677.JPEG

IMG_0665.JPEG
IMG_0676.JPEG

I ordered some new lights from Diode Dynamics. SS3s in white will go in the ditch light location. The SS2s will go in the ARB bumper as marker lights. The second set of brackets are for the yellow SS3 fogs I already have, and will go as fogs in the ARB bumper. Paranoid Fabrications makes the brackets.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get your lightforce switch fascia?

The au.lightforce.com website won't let me buy it from the US... And I can't seem to find a dealer that has them...

OP
OP
Colo_Ranger

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get your lightforce switch fascia?

The au.lightforce.com website won't let me buy it from the US... And I can't seem to find a dealer that has them...
Lightforce had a USA site for a bit. They do have a IG account for the US. You can reach out to them or google turns up a few locations to buy from.

OP
OP
Colo_Ranger

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_1039.jpeg

I received Prinsu grab handles for the rack for Christmas. These will make getting into the roof bins much easier. Roof bins are off for the winter.

IMG_1098.jpeg

I ordered and installed a RSi SmartCap. I had a baby (well... my wife had the baby) on 12/26. I had to do a car seat check and I got in trouble because we had too many items inside the cab that 'could become a projectile in a car accident'. We realized we needed more dry storage outside the cab. Enter the SmartCap. Its awesome. I thought it would mount to the bedrails, like all the other caps, but it mounts to the tie down locations in the bed. While this is really secure and awesome, it also means that it interferes with my Decked. I need to trim the top pieces a bit to fit. Another member cut 2x3" reliefs and it worked just fine. That's my plan. I also need to adjust the mounts to the bed, as tehre is a slight gap at the tailgate. The temp was 6 degrees and we were far too cold to continue working. I will adjust when it gets warmer. Its currently -4 here.

IMG_1128.jpeg
IMG_1129.jpeg
IMG_1134.jpeg

On the 13th, a local Ranger buddy and I (definitely, mostly him) installed the Long Ranger America tank. This thing is incredibly well made, but the install instructions are f*^&ing terrible. I am thrilled with my new range in the truck.

A bit ago, I did install R1 Concepts pads and rotors. Quality parts, and not terribly expensive. The bite of the new pads and rotors was noticeable. You can see the LR rotor in the tank photo above. I have a set of SS braided lines coming. Technically, they are ROW lines, but they should fit. If they do, I will post up my review and a link to them.

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Can you share pics of the SmartCap mounts? I'm toying with the idea of a cap, and that would be a contender, but would it interfere with the Molle panels that I got off of you?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc