First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We sold most of our furniture before moving and we always wanted an adjustable bed. We were out looking at windows for the new house on Friday and came across a Lay Z Boy showroom and looked around there. I already knew they'd be expensive there and it was at $8,400 for their top of the line Intellabed. o_O I'll admit it was really nice but no way I'd spend that kind of money for a bed and mattress.

We're looking for a king bed and several suggested a split king but it seems like the split down the middle would be annoying especially when they're flat it seems like you'd sink into the center part. Annie likes hers softer while I like a more firm mattress so the split king might be the one we end up with. After endless searching I found this company Sven & Sons which seems to have a really nice bed frame and mattresses and their top end one is $2,945.00. It has all the bells and whistles as the more expensive ones and a good mattress too. I talked to them on the phone and he gave me the comparable mattresses to theirs in Serta & Tempur-Pedic to check out locally. Anyone have one (any brand) and would you still recommend it?
Sponsored

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
How does that price compare against a Sleep Number bed? Those allow for exactly the softness you like.
I know the Polish in you will cringe at this but...sometimes it's OK to spend a little more to get exactly what you want in the quality you want it.
Good luck in your search, brother!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
How does that price compare against a Sleep Number bed? Those allow for exactly the softness you like.
I know the Polish in you will cringe at this but...sometimes it's OK to spend a little more to get exactly what you want in the quality you want it.
I did check them out online and for something comparable to the Sven & Sons and Intellibed is roughly $6,500 and I can't see spending that much for a "glorified" air mattress. I had a regular Sleep Number bed years ago and really liked it but it was their regular (non tilting) model and even back then it was almost $3,000. There's so many choices out there now and like most things there's usually a good alternative to the Bentley model which is really nice but not always practical.;)

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
I did check them out online and for something comparable to the Sven & Sons and Intellibed is roughly $6,500 and I can't see spending that much for a "glorified" air mattress. I had a regular Sleep Number bed years ago and really liked it but it was their regular (non tilting) model and even back then it was almost $3,000. There's so many choices out there now and like most things there's usually a good alternative to the Bentley model which is really nice but not always practical.;)
Our select comfort is 28 years old and still comfortable. Our last house couldn't fit a king mattress up the stairs so we tried one and love it. A couple years ago we had to get an adjustable bed frame for my hiatal hernia and they were all 2k or more in furniture stores. Bought the same one on Walmart.com for $400 bucks. Only difference was I had to pick it up and assemble it. The select comfort works fine on it but it is not split. Luckily my wife likes her head raised also.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Our select comfort is 28 years old and still comfortable. Our last house couldn't fit a king mattress up the stairs so we tried one and love it. A couple years ago we had to get an adjustable bed frame for my hiatal hernia and they were all 2k or more in furniture stores. Bought the same one on Walmart.com for $400 bucks. Only difference was I had to pick it up and assemble it. The select comfort works fine on it but it is not split. Luckily my wife likes her head raised also.
Thanks for the info Ed. I'll probably still stop by a Sleep Number store and check them out when we're near one. I liked my last one too and maybe I can buy just the mattress from them and the base elsewhere and I don't mind assembling it to save some money. I think the Sven & Son comes pretty much assembled (you just screw in the legs and plug a few things together) and it folds in half for shipping.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Thanks for the info Ed. I'll probably still stop by a Sleep Number store and check them out when we're near one. I liked my last one too and maybe I can buy just the mattress from them and the base elsewhere and I don't mind assembling it to save some money. I think the Sven & Son comes pretty much assembled (you just screw in the legs and plug a few things together) and it folds in half for shipping.
We looked at the new sleep numbers and they were nice but not $7k nice. Another thing we found is their split adjustable king took special sheet sets that were extremely overpriced. The thing we don't really like with our adjustable base is if power bleeps out it automatically goes to the flat position with the battery backup. Our power has started bleeping out quite often lately. Guess it's a safety thing.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We looked at the new sleep numbers and they were nice but not $7k nice. Another thing we found is their split adjustable king took special sheet sets that were extremely overpriced. The thing we don't really like with our adjustable base is if power bleeps out it automatically goes to the flat position with the battery backup. Our power has started bleeping out quite often lately. Guess it's a safety thing.
While looking on their website and building a bed it was in the mid $6K ranger which I thought was very high too. I know it's important to have a good bed/mattress but not $6K-$8K important. lol

I do remember reading on several of them they have that same feature as yours "return to flat" during a power outage and I think it's a safety feature. I wouldn't want the power going out and being stuck in tv mode like a taco. 🌮 😜

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Chris, we stopped at Sleep Number shop today after meeting up with builder to pick out stone and siding colors. Their beds have really come a long way since I bought mine back in early 2000 but man they are expensive! The one we liked was on sale (4th of July sale) and was still $7,400 (regular price was $10,200) and that's not even their top of the line one. While it was super comfortable I could never pay that much for one and for not much more I'd get the Intellabad we saw last week at Lay Z Boy. That one had a lot more options and a really nice mattress but still way out my price range. We have a regular one but it's way to soft for me (Annie likes it) so I took the air mattress back out the other night. lol Heck I might end up just continue sleeping on our air mattress which is pretty darn comfortable.
Sponsored