Advice needed

Cap10Frost

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL
I got my ranger 2 months an ago and has been a blast to drive. I got a ‘21 XL STX 2wd and now that i’ve put on a couple thousand miles on her I think i’m ready to start making mods on her. I just need advice because this is my first truck/vehicle and im not really knowledgeable on this stuff. I’m looking to get a lift/leveling kit as well as new shocks/struts so that the drive would be smoother and to look meaner on the road. I use it as a daily driver, never been off road but would love to. any recommendations or tips would be appreciated !

IMG_8015.jpeg
Sponsored

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I got my ranger 2 months an ago and has been a blast to drive. I got a ‘21 XL STX 2wd and now that i’ve put on a couple thousand miles on her I think i’m ready to start making mods on her. I just need advice because this is my first truck/vehicle and im not really knowledgeable on this stuff. I’m looking to get a lift/leveling kit as well as new shocks/struts so that the drive would be smoother and to look meaner on the road. I use it as a daily driver, never been off road but would love to. any recommendations or tips would be appreciated !

IMG_8015.jpeg
That's a really pretty truck...well done!
I put the Ford/Fox leveling kit on my 2019 2WD and it did what you're asking about. Gave me a much better ride than stock and gave the truck a wee bit beefy-er look without going too far.
That said, there are so many other options for you out there that'll make your head spin. Many of the folks here will tell you about them all soon, and there's threads you can search as well.

And you can certainly live a wonderful life without the tailgate damper 😉

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
New suspension is a great improvement to the Ranger and buying levelling front coil overs will give you the look and handling you’re after. Eibach, Bilstein, and Fox all make good adjustable front coil overs.

These trucks level out at around 2”-2-1/2” of front end lift. If you plan on getting a topper or hauling stuff in the back regularly, you might want to stick to 2”. You’ll have to re-aim your headlights (super easy - check owner’s manual) after levelling but that’s really it.

Keep in mind that Fox requires service after a while and cannot be adjusted while on the truck.

@Chris M is right - dampers are so overrated and you’ll just grow old waiting for the tailgate to lower.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You ABSOLUTELY need a Tail Gate Damper. Beat you to it @AzScorpion

If you only do one mod, this is the MOST needed.

https://www.amazon.com/DEE-ZEE-DZ43...502894831-B07N33NB6N-&hvexpln=73&gad_source=1

damper_.jpg
But you forgot to tell him about all of the wonderful 303 graphene products…😂
😍 It's so nice to see some have been paying attention over the years! 😂

@Cap10Frost once you get the above done I concur what @Chris M & @DukeCanBuildit said about changing out the suspension. It was the 3rd thing I did on my 2019 and made a world of difference both on/off road.

Disregard both their last sentences as they're the few on here who are misfits and were never part of the Kool Klub. :cool:

1719833511080-um.jpg

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired

IMG_8015.jpeg
Nice !

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT

@Cap10Frost once you get the above done I concur what @Chris M & @DukeCanBuildit said about changing out the suspension. It was the 3rd thing I did on my 2019 and made a world of difference both on/off road.

Disregard both their last sentences as they're the few on here who are misfits and were never part of the Kool Klub. :cool:

1719833511080-um.jpg
I “wear” my shirt with pride! 🫡

pismo1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX2

1719833511080-um.jpg
Yep first mod I did(Tailgate damper).Little did I know. :crazy:

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
all jokes aside, upgrade your shocks. I replaced all four shocks with Bilstein 5100's and it was a day and night difference. not advocating one brand over another but whatever you choose will be better than OEM

I also did the Ford Perfamnce Tune, day and night difference. others have used other brands and are happy

also, get the Ford extended warranty through Granger Ford, its $50 over dealer cost

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
From that angle, it looks like it might already have a level kit. But if it doesn't, just go with the coil overs that have adjustable height and change rear shocks.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Tune it, exhaust, and shocks - some will level as part of the shock upgrade instead of buying separate leveling kit

Reactions: Doc

hookem57

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Driver

IMG_8015.jpeg
Pretty truck

IMG_8015.jpeg
Pretty truck

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

1719833511080-um.jpg
Did you say Dampers Gringo?

IMG_6680.jpeg
Sponsored