Advice needed

fjwlobo

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCREW
You MAY need to replace your upper control arms if you level your truck. Some people were unable to get their truck properly aligned without them.

Something else to think about. If you replace your rear shocks and you still feel like the ride is still harsh, you may also want to replace the stock leaf springs with a set of multi-leaf springs.

Some people here have gone through more than one set of shocks. Everybody has an opinion on why they like or dislike a particular shock manufacturer.

Other than what Ford put on the Ranger - MOST PEOPLE HERE DON'T LIKE THEM!!!
:mad::angry::curse:

It's best that you read up on the various manufacturers and reviews. Once you have, make your own informed decision.

Nice looking truck by the way. I've always liked that color 😎😃

And yes, if you want to spend your money 💰 on upgrades, everyone here can give you ideas
😃😁😅😂🤣

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
“We don’t need no Stinking Dampers”
(my 24 came with them stock)…
Well, we know who to blame for that, right?

OGMix376

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Ranger Tremor
Occupation
House Maintenance Technician ;)
That color makes it easy to take good pictures. You’ll enjoy it for sure. I can’t say anything about oem ford suspension. I like the ford fox shocks that came with the tremor, personally planning to get the fox 2.5 kit though they come pretty costly.. but that’s truck suspension which I’m also finding out also they require servicing every 50k miles (80k km). I’ve been told not sure about any other brands at all but there’s some really cool stuff out there. But whatever you buy just get atleast two sets of them 😅 somethings gonna break at some point.

Reactions: Doc

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So let me get this straight. You bought a two-wheel drive and yet you want to go off-road. You want to make modifications but you're still very new to it. Do the first mod by trading the truck in for a four-wheel drive. That's the first modification if you want to go off-road.
Sponsored