Reaction score
Website
justwideman.com
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Photographer/eCommerce
Vehicle Showcase
Was going to put a few muted American Flags on my truck right below the side vents. Was told by a neighbor that indicates former military (I'm not former mil, just patriotic) and that it would be "theft of honor."

Theft of Honor is definitely not my goal and neither is passing myself off as mil / ex-mil.

Is that really a thing? Only Military or Ex-Military should use the muted flag? I'm pretty sure it's covered by the first amendment but also not looking to ruffle any feathers - especially of those who served.
The flag is not a military branch insignia or rank showing you served.
The flag is a national logo. The military protects the flag's honor and has rules about how they handle it in uniform at parades etc, but does not control how civilians choose to use it or even burn it in protest, or hanging it upside down is free speech.
Stores make all types of clothing patterns and marketing items that are not associated with the military with the flag colors and are fine.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
America...You do what you want, when you want, how you want and raise your head high and display your patriotism.
Just try to keep in mind that your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins.
Merry Christmas.

OP
OP
GTGallop

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Counting Buck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Father | Hunter | Accountant
The military isn't even patriotic at this point with their recent behavior, I'd tell him to go pound sand. The Army just removed the reconciliation monument from Arlington National Cemetary last week, they have no say in the matter as far as I'm concerned.

OP
OP
GTGallop

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
How are you liking your Yota?
Hey Dennis! Good to hear from you. I miss the old gang here.

How do I like the Yota?
Eh. It's a truck.
Does everything I need and want it to.

Took some getting used to on the engine and transmission - driving mannerisms and whatnot. Suspension is cushy nice off road. That's the best part about it.

But I don't get the whole FanBoi part of it. Some people get all rizzed up about driving a Tacoma and think it's special or exclusive, "Yes Frat Bro Gym Dude - you and every other Tali out there." It's the Corolla (also a Toyota Product) of the Truck World. Simple, Uninspiring, Dependable.

Not exactly sure how Toyota dominates domestic and world sales with this truck. It's a good truck. I think there are a few strong points about the Taco that Ford, Chevy, Nissan could steal - suspension and interior storage. But it isn't magical the way some people think it is.

Mine does have lockers and some off-road crawl control for 4Lo, but I've been off-roading since I was 14ish and I'm 50-something now so 1. I don't get into the situations that this would be helpful in, and 2. the Off Road Computer between my ears does the job just fine with out having to break open the manual and use a series of knobs and buttons to enter a cheat code that will get me unstuck or up a hill.

I'm interested to see how the 2024 Tacomas work out since the 2023 is a 2016 with a headlight upgrade that is based on a 2012 design. The 23 felt dated rolling off the lot. Matter of fact, when I had the Ranger, Mustang, and Supra in the stable all at the same time, I swore I'd never get anything that wasn't a 4cyl Turbo engine - THIS WAS THE FUTURE! Now I got a NA 6cyl, but it looks like the Turb'd 4 Banger in the 24 Taco is going to be a contender - might even start some HP/TQ wars between the manufacturers. That would be nice!
Sponsored