AZ_Yeti

AZ_Yeti

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Welcome Brandon. You can find an aweful lot of things on this forum that you never knew you needed, Ha Ha. Keep it up, it looks good so far. Here is some more:

IMG_1504.jpg
Thanks Chuck! That looks awesome - how do you like the RTR grille?

OP
OP
AZ_Yeti

AZ_Yeti

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
On the mirrors. There is a thread on here about swapping in Lariat for XLT. You have to run more wires to get all the “extras” working. It’s a fair amount of work but not all that difficult as someone documented their journey doing just this.

Only way I could justify that upgrade myself is soundproofing my doors and adding LED pipes on the door panels to get the most for my efforts tearing everything apart to get er done.
I will be putting in sound deadening material at some point. Maybe I will reinvestigate the mirrors then...thanks!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome mods - Really like the dual exhaust (down the road). The switching out of lights is now on the plan for my Ranger.

OP
OP
AZ_Yeti

AZ_Yeti

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I added 4 pods lights to the truck - wanted some extra lumens but still have a clean look. I am not planning on using them often so I went on the cheaper end with Rough Country (versus Baja Designs or Diode Dynamics) pods wired to an Auxbeam 8 Gang. I am fairly happy with the output when I have used them but I could see myself upgrading in the future.

I removed the front splash guards during install as well.

Also not pictured here is upgrading the high/low beams to LEDs. Definitely recommend any LED upgrade from the halogen bulbs.
EDIT: Added a video of how I wired the lights

IMG_7583.jpeg

IMG_7584.jpeg

IMG_7594.jpeg

IMG_7710.jpeg

Last edited:

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I added the Diode Dynamics third brake and cargo lights. Got to enjoy them same night as we went to watch fireworks. Parked in darkness but wow, major improvement. I was impressed at the quality of the third brake, cargo light assembly. Four torx screws gains easy access to all three bulbs and it is easy to replace the bulbs.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I removed the front splash guards during install as well.
Are you talking about the 2 little black thingys on each side of the skid plate? If so, do you want to sell them to me? I also need the OEM silver skid plate...

OP
OP
AZ_Yeti

AZ_Yeti

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Are you talking about the 2 little black thingys on each side of the skid plate? If so, do you want to sell them to me? I also need the OEM silver skid plate...
They look like mud flaps but in front of the tire, correct? If so, I no long have those - sorry!

OP
OP
AZ_Yeti

AZ_Yeti

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I added Diode Dynamics SS3 Stage Series 3" Pro Yellow Fog lights in the OEM spot. I am super happy with how bright they are (sorry - need to get night time pics) and how they look in the day time. I have always been a fan of the yellow light with white paint...something about it..

You can pick them up here: https://www.stage3motorsports.com/d...ranger-ss3-3-pro-yellow-fog-beam-fog-kit.html

Also, added Sealight LED headlight bulbs off of Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JNY3ZVZ?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_K9J3RN4D4RDCDFCR81GX

IMG_7646.jpeg

IMG_7645.jpeg

OP
OP
AZ_Yeti

AZ_Yeti

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
The biggest change (and one I have been looking forward to the most) is getting new tires and wheels. After going back and forth on when to make the switch, I finally saw a good deal what I was looking for and could not be happier! I went with Relations Race Wheels (RRW) RR2-S 17X8.5 0 offset matte bronze wrapped with BFG KO2 285/70/17 tires. With the bigger tires and offset, I added ReadyLift High-Clearance Anti-Intrusion Beams. It only rubs at full crank but otherwise a non-issue.

Rims: https://www.relationsracewheels.com...s/rr2-s-17x8-5-6x5-5-6x139-7-2019-ford-ranger
Tires: https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/bfgoodrich-all-terrain-t-a-ko2
High-Clearance Anti-Intrusion Beams: https://www.stage3motorsports.com/67-2900-19-22-ranger-readylift-high-clearance-intrusion-beams.html

IMG_7663.jpeg

IMG_7661.jpeg

IMG_7694.jpeg

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
That's exactly what happened to me.

And then I had to get the smoked out third brake light, too.

Brake Light.jpg
Hey Thom, that looks pretty good. How about a video of the 3rd brake light in action? Maybe even day and night videos? And a link to the specific one you got?
Sponsored