First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Land Surveyor
When I was looking to get my ranger I knew I wanted to order one due to a somewhat unique option set and in my case I was able to just walk into my local dealer (Lithia Ford Roseburg) and lock in incentives that were available at the time and in my order agreement ensured that they couldn't tack on additional markup once it arrived. I ordered last June and got the truck in September. I ended up paying about ~1500 under sticker with incentives and no trade, but honestly even without incentives you could probably order one and pay sticker right now at many dealerships.

I'm sure there are better deals if you are willing to travel, like others have said, but just saying, if you want to keep things pretty simple and have some patience you can probably get a good deal :)
Sponsored

Foodieguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat (El Trucke)
Occupation
IT Guy and Former International Athlete
No one has mentioned it yet, but if you don’t do an order from Granger, look into getting into an X-plan purchase. Several threads on details in the ordering and lease forum.

I did Granger on my Ranger, that 3% below invoice is tough to beat, especially in the current market.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
These crooked dealers trying to
Rip People off need to be put on blast. I hate what they are doing.

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Gonna second Granger if you can wait 3-4 months for an order. They are straight up 3% under invoice. Also entitled to all Ford incentives at the time of delivery. Your not going to find a better deal plus you get 100% exactly what you want

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
No one has mentioned it yet, but if you don’t do an order from Granger, look into getting into an X-plan purchase. Several threads on details in the ordering and lease forum.

I did Granger on my Ranger, that 3% below invoice is tough to beat, especially in the current market.
Before I did Granger several dealers out my way would not do x-plan pricing when asked...

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
These crooked dealers trying to
Rip People off need to be put on blast. I hate what they are doing.
I agree with this but when times are slow the consumer tries to stick it to the dealership. Plus if they're used to selling 100 cars a month an now can only get 60 their overhead is roughly the same since most salesmen are paid commission based on sales. Seems American brand dealers are used to having discounts an rebates so you would think getting full sticker would make up for the lack of volume but who knows.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Trust me , I know. My First Job after Retiring from the military in 2015 was working for ford in sales. Commission on new vehicles was terrible. I remember selling $80k trucks and getting $100 commission. The money was in used cars for the salesman. We would struggle while finance managers and sales managers averaged $15k a month or more. There is a lot of money in it for the dealer but not much actually goes to the salesman.
I agree with this but when times are slow the consumer tries to stick it to the dealership. Plus if they're used to selling 100 cars a month an now can only get 60 their overhead is roughly the same since most salesmen are paid commission based on sales. Seems American brand dealers are used to having discounts an rebates so you would think getting full sticker would make up for the lack of volume but who knows.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Trust me , I know. My First Job after Retiring from the military in 2015 was working for ford in sales. Commission on new vehicles was terrible. I remember selling $80k trucks and getting $100 commission. The money was in used cars for the salesman. We would struggle while finance managers and sales managers averaged $15k a month or more. There is a lot of money in it for the dealer but not much actually goes to the salesman.
I sold cars for a few months when I first got out of the navy in 1995. This was before every invoice was plastered all over the internet an you couldn't search inventory easily at home an get dealerships bidding against each other. Even then to make decent money you had to hit volume goals to get commissions kicked up.

Used cars were a gold mine because they gave next to nothing for trades an marked them up 50 to 100%.

it wasn't an easy life back then an I bet it's much worse now.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
It was tough. The job was luckily temporary for only 8 months until my real job was ready to start. I worked with some older salesman that said they were making 100-150k a year in the 80’s selling cars. They say the Internet literally killed the car salesman career where they could make alot of money.
I sold cars for a few months when I first got out of the navy in 1995. This was before every invoice was plastered all over the internet an you couldn't search inventory easily at home an get dealerships bidding against each other. Even then to make decent money you had to hit volume goals to get commissions kicked up.

Used cars were a gold mine because they gave next to nothing for trades an marked them up 50 to 100%.

it wasn't an easy life back then an I bet it's much worse now.

f1loco

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JAG F-Type 400S - last of the British Fords
If you're willing to travel or have it shipped Granger Ford is offering 3% under invoice. They're a sponsor here and I just ordered my Jeep through them. Very easy transaction and no BS extra cost at delivery. Just send them the PDF of your build and they'll send you a quote, they only have a $180 Doc fee.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/3-under-invoice-2022-ford-ranger-order.16068/
I second Granger. They have one of my Bronco orders. I live in FL and used to get deals all the time in S FL. I bought my Tremor in Charlotte, SC. Yes, traveling is now required - but in a sick way I like the hunt.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I second Granger. They have one of my Bronco orders. I live in FL and used to get deals all the time in S FL. I bought my Tremor in Charlotte, SC. Yes, traveling is now required - but in a sick way I like the hunt.

I have my Bronco order with them too. Unfortunately I'll probably never see it since my Reservation is mid October '20 and I'm not budging on my 2dr hardtop.

lol I kind of like the hunt myself. It's like a challenge to find the best deal when there's none out there.

Kino

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat, '21 BS BL, '18 GC, '74 Ghia
Occupation
Chair Warmer
Granger without hesitation.

I bought a '21 Bronco Sport and '21 F-150; I have a '22 Explorer ST ordered from Granger. I would never buy from an Illinois dealer.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Hi all, about 2 years ago I moved from a small town in the southeast to a major metro city in the rocky mountains. I brought an '18 F-150 with me, and quickly burned out on daily driving and parking a full size pickup in a dense metropolitan area and traded it in for a '20 Subaru Outback. I'm really missing the utility of a truck, so I've been shopping around for mid-size pickups and settled on the Ranger since it seems like its the only mid-size I can get right now with Adaptive Cruise Control.

Living in a big metro area now, there are at least 12 Ford dealers in under an hour's drive, but after visiting several I just feel like there's no way to get a good deal anymore. Everything is non-negotiable or has an arbitrary "market adjustment" tacked on, even if I wanted to do a special order. And despite "record-breaking used car prices" everyone seems to think the '20 Outback I have is worthless. Best offer I could get was 4k under the KBB trade in value.

What am I doing wrong?
Two things to try:

1) Smaller market dealers are more flexible. A Fort Collins dealer is where I got the best deal.

2) Costco purchase program used to be at or just under invoice.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I just checked the on line inventory of the closest ford dealership. They have 6 dealerships around the area. they had a handful of 2019 rangers with 15K-40K miles an priced from $34K to just over $40K. They have new ones listed at sticker. The base broncos are listed at sticker, the nice loaded ones say "please call". Hope that helps you get an idea of the current market.

They have a few like this too:
Screenshot (975).png
Sponsored