Charging my EV? No actually my EV is charging the grid...

LowKeyTremor

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor Lariat
Occupation
Business Owner/Partner & IT
Marxism has no time limit lol its a great plan for Cali.
They wonder why people keep moving out of California.:rolleyes:

I think you’re predicting the future!

Right now, it’s an option to be involved. You can also join in on these programs that send electricity to the grid, when you otherwise wouldn’t, and you get paid like seven dollars per kilowatt hour.

So they definitely did make it a two way power system, and right now it’s marketed as powering your house in an emergency.

if anything, like that started to happen, I would definitely add to my smart home, specifically, the direction power is flowing, and as soon as I see it coming from something like my truck, if I get one of those eventually, you’ll see me sprinting, to unplug it (I mean, in this day and age, it would just be a button on your phone… But when push comes to shove, I have this weird feeling that that button would be disabled!)

In addition, California is starting up something new. They call electricity, the most regressive tax on low income. Well, if you don’t make much money, of course, it’s going to cost more.

But they want to set your electricity prices based on your income. So if I’m still a sucker and I’m living here in California, I’ll probably be paying for someone else’s electricity, while they exploit the system and sell it to their buddies, or some kind of black market for quite the deal!

Unintended consequences anybody?

Sorry guys, I’m done for good with anything that involves politics, lol

I have to because it’s some thing that would really get me going and I live on the hope that some of these things I mentioned, do not come to fruition.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LowKeyTremor

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oh, northern California would have excess water if it were up to me. I would make southern California, you know, the giant spread out metropolitan that is technically in a desert, with lush plants, huge yards with grass, and sprinklers just running down the gutter from overwatering.

I live, and when I had my boat, lake, Oroville was my place, probably 30 minutes away at the most. When it’s filled, it is the most amazing lake, with water that runs up to a tree line, and all of these different branches, in arms that you can actually wakeboard/wake surf because they get pretty big, not to mention, you can go for miles.

By some miracle, we had the craziest, rainy season, followed by the most mild Summer ever on record I believe, but certainly based on my memory for a solid, 37 years. Without that, I truly thought we were absolutely fkd!!

Amazingly enough, I think we went from 25% or less and we are actually at 100% if not more. But it’s because we send it all to Los Angeles area and we flush the Delta for some sort of species of animal. I’m not heartless, but Jesus

The year before, farmers were getting 25%… 50% of their water allotment requested. So they just didn’t plant and remember the subsidies are insane so they get paid not to plant. That’s a different subject altogether!

Anyways, this year, everyone gets 100%. We just want to be back in a drought for sure! In addition, they’ve been calling for more storage for years, and nobody will budge.

I think I would give anything to split California in two something like the Carolinas
NORTH CALIFORNIA - that’s where I proudly live
SOUTH CALIFORNIA - let’s make that cut off line to be sure, and ABSOLUTELY include San Francisco, a once amazing city.

As clearly an important person that I am, one that politicians listen to 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, I do call for the actual state line to:
• my aunt Uncle live in Berkeley, but I need them to be South California!
• I’LL TAKE THE NORTH EAST BAY… I WANT BASICALLY WALNUT CREEK & PLEASANT HILL. ALSO ALL OF THE CITIES WITH THE CHEVRON REFINERIES.(Richmond, Benicia, and Martinez)
• it goes without saying that Tahoe comes as well

Everything else, it’s theirs, and I wish them the best of luck!

Dang, I just woke up… I was dreaming

I'm still trying to understand their statement about future "excess"....when is that gonna happen ???
They have no water, no electricity to spare. The only thing they have an "excess" of are water and power shortages, fires, earthquakes, traffic, outrageous fuel prices, and people.
Heck, they have more people in one city than in the entire state of Virginia !!!

LowKeyTremor

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
yep of course that’s how it is. It really starts irritating me when I think of what they charge at peak hours, then what they pay us for our excess energy. I’d rather plug a vehicle in… I don’t know I got to come up with something. Maybe I need another power wall but they aren’t necessarily cheap. Dang it.

I don't think that's possible with the digital meters.
Our electric just installed new smart meters that can be read remotely. You can log in and see your daily usage. But that also means they can shut your power off remotely, too.

As for selling excess power back to the electric company. My understanding is that they only pay you what it would cost them to generate electricity, not what you would have paid for it. So, in my area, my rate is 9.5 cents per kwh. They pay you 6 cents per kwh that you feed back to the grid.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I think you’re predicting the future!

Right now, it’s an option to be involved. You can also join in on these programs that send electricity to the grid, when you otherwise wouldn’t, and you get paid like seven dollars per kilowatt hour.

So they definitely did make it a two way power system, and right now it’s marketed as powering your house in an emergency.

if anything, like that started to happen, I would definitely add to my smart home, specifically, the direction power is flowing, and as soon as I see it coming from something like my truck, if I get one of those eventually, you’ll see me sprinting, to unplug it (I mean, in this day and age, it would just be a button on your phone… But when push comes to shove, I have this weird feeling that that button would be disabled!)

In addition, California is starting up something new. They call electricity, the most regressive tax on low income. Well, if you don’t make much money, of course, it’s going to cost more.

But they want to set your electricity prices based on your income. So if I’m still a sucker and I’m living here in California, I’ll probably be paying for someone else’s electricity, while they exploit the system and sell it to their buddies, or some kind of black market for quite the deal!

Unintended consequences anybody?

Sorry guys, I’m done for good with anything that involves politics, lol

I have to because it’s some thing that would really get me going and I live on the hope that some of these things I mentioned, do not come to fruition.
Seven dollars? More like seven cents.

LowKeyTremor

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You are right that my numbers are incorrect, but I don’t think you’re referring to the same topic/program that I mentioned.…
Payment = $9.00 per “EVENT ”

If we widen the scope and go off of the big picture, your post is spot on; hitting that nail right on the head with the paltry award/ payment for supplying clean energy. I mean, I thought that was the whole point (“clean”)?

I know we are all upstanding, especially those in power, so I already am fully confident that most of this is not a blatant money grab! 🤣😬🙃
(lol, everything is a huge money, grab, so mine was a rhetorical question)

FULLY CORRECTED DETAILS:
This has nothing to do with a ‘True-Up’/standard annual squaring up with the any excess energy, you produced, versus what you used.

And I couldn’t tell you the numbers off the top of my head, but paying me something like $0.07/kWH or $0.10/kWH, then taking that energy and charging peak rates to anyone using energy at that time, I believe the actual number being $.57/kWH in my area.

This TESLA POWER WALL PROGRAM summary:
  • First of all, I think it’s in place for reputational purposes, and goodwill. Specifically because somewhere I saw them mention they would be the largest… Group [TESLA GROUP] of “people coming together to create the biggest clean power system by harnessing the all available Power Walls…”
  • So it’s when there is a strain on the grid… I believe it’s stated as a main purpose to keep from having to resort to rolling, blackouts/brown outs.
  • ****Payment = $9 per event
  • So NOT per kWH as my error showed
  • It used to be $7 dollars per event (within the last year for sure)
  • As you might imagine, I do not participate
    • They want you to know what you’ve missed out on… So, in roughly 1 year, I guess my area has had 7 of these events, so I missed out on $63.
    • I think I’ll manage without $63
I think the worst part is that, even though we weren’t quite on the same page, and the numbers were wrong, it’s that your point was not one bit diluted! It’s insanity how asymmetrical these things are!
Here’s a screenshot of what they show me on my phone, showing what I missed out on… Maybe it’s below or maybe it’ll be at the top of the post.
IMG_3455.jpeg

Take care!
Kyle
Sponsored