First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
...I don't snicker!!....to be honest...I don't think I've seen a 2 wheel drive Ranger!!??🤔
Here in the Midwest mostly the only 2wd Rangers you see are fleet vehicles. You'll occasionally see one that's 2wd and not a business truck but they are rare. But there are TONS of fleet Rangers around here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PINKS

PINKS

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Forestry Tech
They probably don't sell many 2 wheel drive trucks at all in Canada, do they?
My 2019 Ranger was 2WD.
Not in my neck of the woods....we're in the central interior of British Columbia....middle of the mountains!😉👍

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Not in my neck of the woods....we're in the central interior of British Columbia....middle of the mountains!😉👍
I've heard they flat out don't offer 2wd up there.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt., Grumpy Old Senior Citizen
I have a.....wait for it.....2WD Lariat SuperCab !!!! The rarest of the rare !!!! All the bells n whistles !!!! With an Engine Cover and Hood Struts !!!
A true collectors truck, and has only appreciated in value....right now I estimate the value as approaching $100,000.00, and sure to go up up up !!!
At $150,000.00 it will go to Barrett-Jackson !!!

Last mpg check was last week, 625 miles towing our travel trailer, interstate, Va to NC and back, 60-65 mph, up and down grades and mountains, 90-95 degree temps, ac on 100 % of the time, in tow mode only....average was 10.6 mpg.
This was from my ScanGauge lll which posts actual mpg at time....mpg obviously goes way down under throttle, but when going down a grade, and you let off the throttle, obviously mpg's go way way up. I've seen it go as low as 3-4 mpg when traversing a long mountain grade, and going down it will sometimes read 9999.9 mpg .
Obviously I try to go down hill as much as possible !!!

Last edited:

Frost

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
'22 SCAB 4x4 in Northern NY at 22.5K is 23.3 mpg overall
I'm in northeastern NY, 2021 Scab, Lariat 4x4. During warm weather I'm getting 25, 26 if I miss the big hills. Don't get behind me though because I'll piss you off. Retired now and drive mostly back roads at moderate speeds. As they say, 40 is the new 60. Even on the interstate I set cruise to 63 or so. Rarely need to get anywhere quickly and never had the speed gene, even when younger.

OP
OP
PINKS

PINKS

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Forestry Tech
I've heard they flat out don't offer 2wd up there.
I could be wrong on this...but when the Ranger returned to North America in 2019...all the Canadian models were 4x4 only and I think I remember hearing the USA models were 2x4 only!?🤔....I would say 90% of people looking to get any sort of truck usually go for 4x4!?🤔

Egg69

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Systems Analyst for Bonsall Unified School District
My dash is normally showing 26-27 MPG, but I have yet to actually achieve either number.

1719177587433-1m.png
Damn! I like that average price/fill up much better than where I am. $25 more just now on a fill up ($83.26 @ $4.78/gal). Ugh

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Damn! I like that average price/fill up much better than where I am. $25 more just now on a fill up ($83.26 @ $4.78/gal). Ugh
Well, you live in California...

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
14.81 mpg this week with quite a bit of hwy. (Computer thinking I have 32" still on stated 16.2mpg, usually the computer at 32" tires is closer than this though after I do the 33" math)

250 miles when the light came on to gas up. Roughly 180 miles were freeway without any real traffic. I would keep with the flow which means 70-80mph. My hwy mpg has been again between 20-22mpg so it is the street driving and remote starts really dinging it.

Yes 1" level in the front and 285/70/17 (so 33" diameter). I honestly don't complain, it is a truck. Maybe I can baby the acceleration more but whatever. Thankfully I can afford the gas lol

Last edited:

Mighty Little Blue

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Supercab FX4
Occupation
Printer
Vehicle Showcase
With the extra weight around 600 to 800 lbs and larger heavier KO2 33” tires I average around 15 to 16 in normal driving with a lot of offroading. Driving from CA to WI fully loaded pulling a 8 foot U Haul trailer I got close to 18 for the whole trip. Pretty good mileage for what I use the truck for.
You cannot buy a truck and use it has a truck and worry about low MPG.

IMG_6856.jpeg

OP
OP
PINKS

PINKS

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Forestry Tech
With the extra weight around 600 to 800 lbs and larger heavier KO2 33” tires I average around 15 to 16 in normal driving with a lot of offroading. Driving from CA to WI fully loaded pulling a 8 foot U Haul trailer I got close to 18 for the whole trip. Pretty good mileage for what I use the truck for.
You cannot buy a truck and use it has a truck and worry about low MPG.

IMG_6856.jpeg
Those are good numbers! I was more curious as to real world #'s vs the computer! Was actually pretty close!! That being said...if gas consumption was an issue....we would NOT have bought a pick-up!!🤣🤙

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Those are good numbers! I was more curious as to real world #'s vs the computer! Was actually pretty close!! That being said...if gas consumption was an issue....we would NOT have bought a pick-up!!🤣🤙
Ok I see now, I made an edit to my last post to share what the computer thought I did
Sponsored