First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Mule Baki Rack
IMG_20200221_175603485.jpg
I'll get more pics tomorrow, but this finally arrived from Expedition One. I haven't completely unpacked everything yet but so far I like what I see.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Lmood

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
IMG_20200223_152044040_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200223_183626436.jpg

Unboxed and partial install. I am missing some hardware that holds some rectangular covers on the posts that hide hardware. And I have to drill holes to mount the map panels.
First impressions:

Everything was packaged VERY well. All parts were individually wrapped and hardware babes were clearly marked. Though I am missing some hardware. Even the box was had a lot...I mean A LOT of copper staples. They did not want this box to come apart easily.

The powder coating is nice with rough texture, but I do have a few areas where the powder coat came off, possibly during the packaging process. It's no big deal as itll be easily touched up and/or in an area that isn't visible.

Install was pretty straight forward following the instructions. I did have some issues with the pinch brackets, but ended up figuring out that if I tightened the bottom bolt of the bracket a little, then hammered the bracket with a mallet, then repeating the process until the pinch bolts were able to go through, it made things a lot easier to install. Sometimes you just have to hit stuff..lol

I still have to drill so e holes for the map panels. Not ideal, I feel like of expedition one would have had this done, prior to, it would make things easier. I don't feel it would be too difficult to add a few holes to those plates during the milling process.

The extruded aluminum rails are nice. My rack was sent with wider rails than what was advertised, not sure if this will be standard now. It would probably be beneficial to hit the edges with some sandpaper or a file as a few of the edges were very sharp.

I like that I can adjust this rack up and down from, I think, 11 inches up to 18. It's one of the reasons I purchased this rack.

Customer service was pretty good I'd say. Though it took a while to receive this rack...it was ordered at the end of November and just received it Friday. Their customer service team was very patient with me calls that took place, at least, once a week. This rack was a new product and I believe I am one of the first trucks to have it, partially, installed. The only other truck I know who has it is a guy I follow on IG who just received his rack as well.

I will have to uninstall the top bars when I go to drill the holes for the side panels and install the post face plates. And I am a bit worried about the mounting of my tent on the wide bars. I haven't opened that box yet to see how it mounts.

Overall, I am pleased with this purchase, the rack, when finished, will look great. Testing will continue once the tent is mounted and I have some trail time on it! I am definitely looking forward to the overlanding adventures I'm going to have now.

**EDIT**
I had 4 random brackets that I had no idea where they went. Talked with Expedition one and found out that they are for the map panels. Do no drilling!! Yay!

Last edited: