Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
8F86752F-FBA3-4CE2-AD9D-86528FC4F220.jpeg

How do I get this to stay against the tailgate? I tried trim tape and it keeps pulling away. I don’t want to but a whole new set just for this one letter, but I’ll be damned if a Tacoma owner is gonna see anything but perfection on my ride when I leave them in my dust.
Sponsored

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2015 Ford Focus 1934 model 40
Occupation
retired
super glue ?

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Maybe contact the seller and request a new one as it may have been defective? Also did you properly prep the area before installing them? Clean the area and use rubbing alcohol before putting them on?

Last edited:

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I think the definition of an extreme emergency is kind of location specific. Like in Ukraine lately, an extreme emergency would probably be at least two letters...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If you pull it off clean the back side with alcohol and add a strip of 3M tape. It should stick fine after that.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I think the definition of an extreme emergency is kind of location specific.
I'm so tired today I was thinking Extreme Emergency might have been the brand name of the letters the OP bought. I really should take a nap. :p

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Shadow Black
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
Removing it cleanly will be tedious but it's your only option to guarantee a perfect placement.

Remove it, clean off the residue adhesive - heat and adhesive remover recommended, and place a new letter / or bend the current one correctly and place a fresh layer of 3m adhesive on it. 3m is the best. That's how I have done it, and would do it.

*Do not ruin your paint using any strong glue or adhesive, that would not be very smart. 3M or bust.*

The chinese adhesive strips are horrible and do not have any longevity.

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
I think the definition of an extreme emergency is kind of location specific. Like in Ukraine lately, an extreme emergency would probably be at least two letters...
But it's a vowel. Isn't that good for 2 consonants?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Try heating it up with a hair dryer to loosen the adhesive. Maybe it will come off easier. Of course you may some more sticker stuff to reapply the thing. Good luck.

BTW, I like Marks' @Augie81 idea. The seller may just take pity on you, and sent you out another "E".

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
For this and others....

Almost all new vehicles (or so it seems) use individually-moulded, plastic, model names. If they have anything in common, they all use 3M double-sided tape to attach them. But they have an advantage. They apply these before any protective wax is applied to the painted surface. That wax needs to be removed first.

Prepsol® is the best choice, but ethyl alcohol (Everclear®) is best. Do yourself a favor! Don't use denatured alcohol (it contains oil) or paint-damaging methanol!!! If the surface is clean (no wax), even cheap Chinese decals and embossed lettering will stick.

Real decals stick best, and when using them, water sprayed on the surface will allow you to move them around for alignment. When you get the decals where you want them, CAREFULLY pat them dry with Kleenex®. DON"T USE PAPER TOWELS! And don't use a hairdryer either!

Lastly, haste makes waste! Go slow, and you'll be rewarded with lasting lettering!

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Just cut off the loose part.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
8F86752F-FBA3-4CE2-AD9D-86528FC4F220.jpeg

How do I get this to stay against the tailgate? I tried trim tape and it keeps pulling away. I don’t want to but a whole new set just for this one letter, but I’ll be damned if a Tacoma owner is gonna see anything but perfection on my ride when I leave them in my dust.
If you really want perfection, take it right off and save the stickers for the My Little Pony album. ;)