Finally bought my first truck

LawnMM

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ranger Tremor
Like me, Chris is in Canada - not sure a Granger ESP would be possible.

I hear Total T restores damper atrophy and if you buy a damper online, you mysteriously start receiving ads for Bluechew in your news feed.
They don't have extended warranties up there in the land of Moose and Manners?
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
They don't have extended warranties up there in the land of Moose and Manners?
Moose and Manners - never heard it before but I love it and can’t wait to use it.

We do have them but it’s possible we have to purchase them from Ford Canada through a Canadian dealer or have a U.S. residence. I think the warranty is honoured at any North American dealer. My extended warranty was about the same price (after exchange) as what I’ve seen U.S. plans advertised for.

Last edited:

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Happy Canada Day from an ex-frog!

Welcome to the forum and get that damper.

For me it's about opening the tailgate while standing in the bed. But, I now live in New Hampshire and sometimes the damper lets out a sorrowful groan as it lowers in the dead of winter - it can be loud and pretty slow.

Overall, the damper's been good to me (despite the atrophying bit). =D

Oh, and run out and get a 20' (6m) chain before they skyrocket in price and their availability runs low ... =p

guaranteed chick magnet (or at least parking curb detector)
1719840259294-ae.png

LawnMM

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ranger Tremor
Moose and Manners - never heard it before but I love it and can’t wait to use it.

We do have them but it’s possible we have to purchase them from Ford Canada through a Canadian dealer or have a U.S. residence. I think the warranty is honoured at any North American dealer. My extended warranty was about the same price (after exchange) as what I’ve seen U.S. plans advertised for.
Gotcha, makes sense I suppose 🫎

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Nice Ranger Chris! I am sure you will find this forum helpful and some times funny and crazy! Lots of characters here but all great people! Enjoy your new first truck it's a good one.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
Welcome to the forum Chris! Awesome looking Tremor. Hope it treats you well - I have no doubt it will.

I might have misunderstood what a damper is, is it the mod for your tail gate? For shock and what not?
As well as being a real item for our truck - the DeeZee tailgate damper - it is "The Forum Joke" that had gotten beaten to death, and has now resurrected, so to speak. It has a power that supersedes any mod credentials and is a subject of great debate. It is also something that is just said as a greeting to new members as a quick indoctrination into the joke...

I put one on my truck because I have a young son and he is able to get the tailgate open but would not be able to stop it from clunking his head once he does so. It was a practical mod for me that gave me some peace of mind. Some people just like the "Swoooosh" and, hey, can't knock 'em.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
OP, nice truck! Welcome to the truck world. Ranger was a fine choice. Should treat you well.

Forget the damper. Have you priced out a paint job yet? Only thing better than getting a truck is getting a truck in the most bestest and gooderist color. :like:

:inlove: Blue 😍

Must admit blue Rangers do have a downside. Hard to get anywhere due to all of the blue Ranger groupies. Constantly wanting to meet the owner of such a stunning vehicle. The Warden gets a bit miffed at me occasionally over their clothing choices. :sunglasses: Like I control what those groupie women do?! Luckily you won't have that problem with a black truck.
8vlmzg.jpg

Just yanking your chain OP. That black looks righteous. Fine looking Tremor. Especially when it is clean..... for those glorious 5 minutes. :giggle:

Definition of a black vehicle is: Time to wash this sucker again.:LOL:

Last edited:

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I think you are going to really like your new truck other than one or two things we all put up with like shift points it tends to hold low RPM but there are things you can do for that like put it in Tow mode with the tow button (that also turns off ASS), or just drive it in Sport mode (S)
Tranny seems to be the biggest issues, its not if, but when, you should get anywhere between 10K and 150K before it takes a hard dump, if you get a K9 you dont have to walk home alone?
Mice..., start thinking about it from now, they get in and cause damage! for some reason auto companies use a wire insulation based out of a Soy Product and mice love it!
All the other common things that go wrong with the 5G 19-23 and easy and cheap like sensors you can do yourself, MPG as far as trucks go is really good as for towing Capacity....
Its a F-F-R baby, And you are going to love this group LOL it will become the highlight of your day, we will grow on you (like mold) but you will look forward to us with your coffee & Cig. every morning, Mixed with a good amount of Humor there are a few guys here that truly know every F-ing bolt on these trucks! guys from all over the world ....
oh, and get a program and cable for your laptop called Forscan you will thank us later LOL or curse us after you Brick your truck? whatever...
and feel free to join into the pissing contests of what we get for mileage you will get anywhere from 10 to 28 depending on a Lot of factors
Pull a home loan you are going to want to keep up with the Jones, Big Tires, Lift kits, ditch lights, seat covers, Bigger Dog .... the breed of dog can add as much as 5HP trust us LOL
If your plans are lowering it, putting a damper on it of just mall surfing, there are other groups on the internet that would be better for you:)
Use the search in the upper right hand before you ask or RTFM, we are pretty sure its been asked before LOL
like whats the biggest tire can I get under this thing.....
How do I turn off this stupid (ASS) Auto Start/Stop....

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
It is a tailgate lowering-assist thingy that makes your manly-man arms (and womanly-woman arms) go all weak and rubbery and atrophied and small and spindly and tired all the time and....
But Chris, I just love watching the tailgate slowly lower as it makes the "swoooosh" sound as Adam @Dr_Strangelove describes it.

OP
OP
Chris1991

Chris1991

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I think you are going to really like your new truck other than one or two things we all put up with like shift points it tends to hold low RPM but there are things you can do for that like put it in Tow mode with the tow button (that also turns off ASS), or just drive it in Sport mode (S)
Tranny seems to be the biggest issues, its not if, but when, you should get anywhere between 10K and 150K before it takes a hard dump, if you get a K9 you dont have to walk home alone?
Mice..., start thinking about it from now, they get in and cause damage! for some reason auto companies use a wire insulation based out of a Soy Product and mice love it!
All the other common things that go wrong with the 5G 19-23 and easy and cheap like sensors you can do yourself, MPG as far as trucks go is really good as for towing Capacity....
Its a F-F-R baby, And you are going to love this group LOL it will become the highlight of your day, we will grow on you (like mold) but you will look forward to us with your coffee & Cig. every morning, Mixed with a good amount of Humor there are a few guys here that truly know every F-ing bolt on these trucks! guys from all over the world ....
oh, and get a program and cable for your laptop called Forscan you will thank us later LOL or curse us after you Brick your truck? whatever...
and feel free to join into the pissing contests of what we get for mileage you will get anywhere from 10 to 28 depending on a Lot of factors
Pull a home loan you are going to want to keep up with the Jones, Big Tires, Lift kits, ditch lights, seat covers, Bigger Dog .... the breed of dog can add as much as 5HP trust us LOL
If your plans are lowering it, putting a damper on it of just mall surfing, there are other groups on the internet that would be better for you:)
Use the search in the upper right hand before you ask or RTFM, we are pretty sure its been asked before LOL
like whats the biggest tire can I get under this thing.....
How do I turn off this stupid (ASS) Auto Start/Stop....
What do you recommend for mice problems? I was thinking about one of those sonic ones that run on batteries.
Sponsored