Ford Accessories not honoring purchase

Rock squirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Forewarning, I posted the other day deciding on buying a lift and wheels/tires because the Ranger Performance packs were for sale for less when introduced years ago. When my level 2 kit showed up, there was no tires or performance calibration.

Local ford dealer tried to do right and get the missing parts for past week and had indications that it was an administrative issue. Yesterday, I got a call from Ford corporate saying I needed to return the kit or buy the tires separately because I bought it for too cheap off their website!

Despite listing the part number that matches description on Ford Performance where tires are included, they are saying the tires were meant to be bought separate. Horrible experience and shame on Ford corporate for being willing to eat freight both ways and waste everyone’s time instead of cover the cost of missing parts.

Of course, they pulled the website down now, but it was the M-RANGER-FP2 and M-RANGER-FP3 part numbers.
Sponsored

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Ranger Packs - Ford Performance Parts still shows the tires. There is the * next to the tires, but that just states it's not a Ford Performance Part. Maybe they planned to remove the tires from the kit with the price drop but didn't get the wording for the * right. Perhaps it should have been Tires are no longer included with the package, but if that's the case why not just remove the bullet for it or change it to (image shows [insert name] tires that are not part of the kit).

Added screen shot in case that page disappears too:

1715041411835-zi.png

OP
OP
Rock squirrel

Rock squirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Ranger Packs - Ford Performance Parts still shows the tires. There is the * next to the tires, but that just states it's not a Ford Performance Part. Maybe they planned to remove the tires from the kit with the price drop but didn't get the wording for the * right. Perhaps it should have been Tires are no longer included with the package, but if that's the case why not just remove the bullet for it or change it to (image shows [insert name] tires that are not part of the kit).

Added screen shot in case that page disappears too:

1715041411835-zi.png
Right. And the pictures show a difference in tires between the level 1 and 2. I had read the asterisk as “everything is Ford branded, except the tires.” They all came in Ford labeled boxes.
It cracks me up because some of these parts are from 2020. With the 6G, it seems even less likely they will sell them and just collect more dust in a warehouse.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
So they made a mistake and offered to refund your money correct?

Besides maybe offering an oil change to cover for wasted time as a good faith coupon I'm not sure what your gripe is.

You are not entitled to something in error. Especially not something that involves a sizable chunk of money. That is just silly.

You have no damages besides driving to the dealership to return what parts were sent. Send them a bill for the $5.00 in gas I guess.

I'm probably the only one who will post in this thread to truth check you instead of patting you on the head. Don't take it personal.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
OP
OP
Rock squirrel

Rock squirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
So they made a mistake and offered to refund your money correct?

Besides maybe offering an oil change to cover for wasted time as a good faith coupon I'm not sure what your gripe is.

You are not entitled to something in error. Especially not something that involves a sizable chunk of money. That is just silly.

You have no damages besides driving to the dealership to return what parts were sent. Send them a bill for the $5.00 in gas I guess.

I'm probably the only one who will post in this thread to truth check you instead of patting you on the head. Don't take it personal.
No worries, I see that side too. I appreciate the different viewpoint and it could of ended there if they hadn't strung me along.

Though, it does feel a little personal now because I've had the parts while I waited for them to tell me to pick up tires (after initially saying the tires weren't included, Ford told me they were before I took the parts home - the dealer even ordered the tires in after conversations with Ford Accessories). After a week of waiting, Ford did a 180, claimed tires were excluded, and said it was listed correctly without tires and I misinterpreted their site - which is a bit of gaslighting IMO. The missing performance calibration that was supposed to be delivered also never showed up.

I feel like I've been misled, wasted hours of my time, had my schedule thrown off to install parts w/ help of friends, couldn't use two free weekends I had to take care of this, the other tires that were on sale are unavailable, and I haven't seen Ford start the return like they told me they would. Ford Accessories aren't admitting to any mistake or offering anything to make this easier, like picking up the parts.

TBH, I'm not convinced it's an error - the dealer and Ford Accessories basically admitted to not knowing how this kit works. The price of the level 3 kit was discounted by $4k and the level 2 was discounted by $2350. If the only difference is tires, why is there a discrepancy between the kits that include the same tires? Based on the evidence I saw when I received the parts, it seems they have these kits in the warehouse that didn't sell and aren't needed with Tremors and now Raptors.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Supervisor
So were you not able to return a damaged product?

Both posts about swing cases are so vague as to understand what the actual problem was?
They initially sent the wrong side swing case. It was not made simple by my dealer to send it back an get the one I originally asked for. When I finally got the right one, it did not come with the hinge lock, and neither the dealer nor Ford could help me and I was left to chase down the actual manufacturer of the case and work with them to eventually get my hinge lock. All in all it was a pain in the ass.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 😉

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
They initially sent the wrong side swing case. It was not made simple by my dealer to send it back an get the one I originally asked for. When I finally got the right one, it did not come with the hinge lock, and neither the dealer nor Ford could help me and I was left to chase down the actual manufacturer of the case and work with them to eventually get my hinge lock. All in all it was a pain in the ass.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 😉
Why didn't you just return the second one if it was missing parts?

Or I suspect you would be like me and say "screw this I'll fix it myself"? Cause I'm stubborn too. Come on you ain't fool'n me!

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Why didn't you just return the second one if it was missing parts?

Or I suspect you would be like me and say "screw this I'll fix it myself"? Cause I'm stubborn too. Come on you ain't fool'n me!
I suppose I could have tried that, but I didn't see the point in it. Once I spoke to the manufacturer rep, he had me send him the key number off the top lock on the box and just sent me the corresponding lock.

I was willing to do my part to make it as easy as I could to get what I paid for without either side incurring a lot of unnecessary expense. So yeah, in that respect I'm a bit like you 😉

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FX4 (RIP), 21 Tremor, 20 Edge ST, Couple HD's
Occupation
Trophy Husband / "Sanitation Worker" / Army Vet
thus highlighting the problem with Ford (or any other brand) accessories...

They dont make most of this stuff. they just pay another company to put their logo on it and resell it at a mark up. So when theres a problem they just shrug their shoulders because its not their product. The lesson here is buy accessories direct from the manufacturer not from Ford and youll likely get better customer service, a cheaper price, and in some cases a better product.

Buckbull

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Architect

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Right. And the pictures show a difference in tires between the level 1 and 2. I had read the asterisk as “everything is Ford branded, except the tires.” They all came in Ford labeled boxes.
It cracks me up because some of these parts are from 2020. With the 6G, it seems even less likely they will sell them and just collect more dust in a warehouse.
There is much difference in 5G and 6G frame and suspension, so many of those parts will fit on the 6G. Those that won't be sold separately.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Supervisor
thus highlighting the problem with Ford (or any other brand) accessories...

They dont make most of this stuff. they just pay another company to put their logo on it and resell it at a mark up. So when theres a problem they just shrug their shoulders because its not their product. The lesson here is buy accessories direct from the manufacturer not from Ford and youll likely get better customer service, a cheaper price, and in some cases a better product.
This is certainly true in my case, but the fact is I just wanted mine to have the Ford logo on it. I will also admit to having the molded mud guards for the same reason...Ford logo on the rear.
Nerd alert....
Sponsored