Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT, 22 Ranger Lariat.
Occupation
Flight Simulator Engineer, retired.
Here is the FORScan home page.
https://forscan.org/home.html
There is a lot to read there, and here too. Youtube is also full of helpful instructions.
Most of the more popular mods are quite easy to do.
Sponsored

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
My Google Fu is off today, and I’m struggling to find the answer. Can hyperflash be disabled through the GUI? What option is it under?
Thanks!

this thread is too long to try to read though and I attempted to search this thread.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
I have been off Windows for over 15 years since I switched to Linux. The last version of Windows I was even remotely interested in with Win 7. ForScan caused me to dig out my old Thinkpad T450S and dedicate it to ForScan and other automotive tools to service my Ford and Mazda vehicles. So I now have a dedicated Windows touchscreen laptop that perfect for this purpose.

I don't like the harvesting of my data that Windows does and have neutered Windows 10 and will not allow it to connect to the internet except on very rare occasions.

When I installed ForScan I found it only gave a Free license for 60 days, or an annual one paid. I am more than willing to contribute to the cause, but having to reregister every time I break out ForScan got to be tiring. I only use it 2 or 3 times a year, sometimes less.

So I found a quick workaround eliminating the need to reregister. Since this laptop is dedicated to only using ForScan and programming a Link aftermarket ECU for my 1993 Miata, I do not need to worry about the date or time on the laptop. I played around and found that if I set the date to within the 2 month window, ForScan will start and run just fine.

But I didn't like having to reset the date each time that I logged into Win 10, so I created a small batch file that I placed in the Win 10 Startup folder to automatically change the date within the 2 month window. It is working fine.

If there is an interest in this I will post the batch code with instructions. It is very straight forward if you have any computer skills. Remember that this is really only good if you use a dedicated laptop where date accuracy does not matter.

Alternatively, you can simply set the date manually to within your registration period, use ForScan and then reset to the current date. If you start Forscan outside the registration window and you get the registration prompt, simply close ForScan, set the date to within the date range, Restart ForScan, then use the old key file to regain ForScan function.

- T
Sponsored

Last edited: