Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
Occupation
Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
After reading through a ton of threads and speaking with a few people I haven’t gotten anywhere.

I am trying to decide on which tune/tuner to use and there are so many mixed opinions and possible issues.

Please share your good/bad experiences, also if you’re a tuner, sell me on yours.
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
If Torrie @unleashed is doing tunes for the Ranger, I'd hands down go with him.

Also Randy@Mountune if they are putting out a Ranger tune would be close second. (If Randy isn't tuning the ranger it means he's working on a tune for Ford Performance).

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
BE061701-5F95-4928-BF18-29C48C265741.jpeg
If Torrie @unleashed is doing tunes for the Ranger, I'd hands down go with him.

Also Randy@Mountune if they are putting out a Ranger tune would be close second. (If Randy isn't tuning the ranger it means he's working on a tune for Ford Performance).
My Ranger was the Unleashed R+D truck, I will re post the Dyno Results, Torrie did a great job....Regards

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
After reading through a ton of threads and speaking with a few people I haven’t gotten anywhere.

I am trying to decide on which tune/tuner to use and there are so many mixed opinions and possible issues.

Please share your good/bad experiences, also if you’re a tuner, sell me on yours.
I have a BDX from 5star with their tunes. They’ve been good. Since I already have the tuner, I think I’m also gonna buy tunes from unleashed so I can actually do a side by side comparison.

Last edited:

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4
I have a Livernois tune on mine. It's great - drives like stock with more pep, even after the switch to 33's.

I don't expect this truck to be fast compared to the rest of my fleet. But with the tune, lift and tires, it's awesome. I can pretty much drive over whatever comes my way (a real problem with Northeast roads) and blasting around town is a joy.

Might switch it up to try something with more power in the future, but right now it's enjoyable and I don't even think about the tune itself.
Sponsored