Help! Water Leaking In Cabin!

Khalinatek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Any one have any new information on this, I also have this problem. I took it to a dealer and they replaced a cowl and told me that the leak was solved. Then I got the truck back and witnessed it leak again (less than before tough) twice. So I took photos and had the dealer look at it again. They said they couldn't recreate it after having the truck for a week. Literally 2 hours after I picked up the truck it rained hard and leaked again. The dealer doesn't seem to have a way to test it other than rain and a hose. What should I do.

Super frustrating, I travel for work and I cant be sending this thing in and out of the dealer with no results.

2021 Super Cab XL, looks like the other photos.

Any insight is welcome.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-06 at 7.40.18 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-06 at 7.40.18 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-06 at 7.40.18 PM.jpeg
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Can’t recreate it? They need to try harder. They may have had your truck for a week but I doubt they spent more than an hour trying to find the leak.

Cowl? Maybe.
Windshield? Likely

Maybe other members can chime in - wasn’t there a TSB or maybe a recall on front windshields for certain production dates?

Khalinatek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Can’t recreate it? They need to try harder. They may have had your truck for a week but I doubt they spent more than an hour trying to find the leak.

Cowl? Maybe.
Windshield? Likely

Maybe other members can chime in - wasn’t there a TSB or maybe a recall on front windshields for certain production dates?
Yah I was hoping they did something like replace the windshield, and I agree I doubt they put enough effort into it.

Khalinatek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
I think I am done with Ford as a brand,

1st dealership visit - Looks like its the cowl, they replaced it and then I picked up the truck
2nd visit same dealership - After noticing a leak again I took it back, dealer ship says the cannot replicate it after another week and return the truck to me.

3rd visit different dealership - they also state they cannot replicate the issue, they have the truck for a total of 2 weeks. Basically tell me come get the truck. I call Ford during this first week, and they representative tells me the dealership needs to open up a case with them, I ask them to do it, she says the dealership must do it.
When I pick up the truck, the service manager has the audacity to tell me to escalate it to Ford.....

I call back Ford again after getting the truck back because surprise surprise, it leaked again after rain, a small amount but it is still water ingress. The customer service representative tells me the truck must be at the dealership in order for them to do anything to assist them (but honestly I don't think anything would have changed).

So I guess I am screwed. The extra pain is that I work in automotive as a robotics programmer and commission many of the big 3 lines. I even worked in robotic urethane glass install for about 5 years.

I am not certain it is the WS, it could be something to do with the recirculation vent like others have mentioned. I will have to find time to investigate the issue myself I guess. My nature of work means I change locations often and cant keep dealing with having this thing in the shop.

What a terrible experience I will either sell this truck or pray nothing major happens and that it can last long enough until I am in a better position to get a different vehicle.
Sponsored