First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I don't miss the days of bringing change and looking for a pay phone. Those phones had a layer of filth on them that gave me the creeps.
While so true I never really thought about it much back. I mean no one ever carried hand sanitizer and we drank from dirty hoses all summer long but I think we developed a stronger immune system that way.

🤔 Great! The more I think about putting those nasty, dirty phones up to your mouth I wanna gag now. 🤮:puke:
Sponsored

fjwlobo

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCREW
You don't need encryption to send a letter. You'll soon have to pay a buck to send it though.:frown::crying:

Sent a birthday card to my nephew when he was 16 and he had to get his mother to read what I wrote to him as he can't read curseph. Most of the younger generation have no clue what you wrote since they stopped teaching it in most schools. If there's no keyboard attached, they're in trouble. :shock::giggle::surprised::eek::oops:

Don't know what to think about the cattle chute they call schools nowadays.

If you want to see what direction this world is heading, watch the movie "IDIOCRACY." It's a stupid / kinda funny movie.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiocracy

Gatorade anyone? :giggle::LOL::crazy:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So funny thing about this..... Apparently it's not just Ford, but any Dealership that is using the system that got attacked is affected...... Meaning well over 15,000 dealers........ I know because the local Nissan Dealer I get.parts from was affected and they gave me this GEM!!!!!!!

IMG_20240624_110003688_HDR.jpg

I'm surprised it hasn't Yellowed at all!!

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
So funny thing about this..... Apparently it's not just Ford, but any Dealership that is using the system that got attacked is affected...... Meaning well over 15,000 dealers........
Yes, correct. CDK provides software as a service (SaaS) in the 'cloud', meaning anyone using thier system has been affected.
Now back when companies purchased software and maintained it themselves, it could be isolated to just certain dealers or manufacturers. Now CDK hosts the software and sells it to anyone who wants thier service, so anyone paying for the subscription is affected.
Read about them
Isn't technology awesome!?

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
CDK is Ford's preferred DMS of choice, we have been down since Wednesday as well. Gotta love going back to paper!!
if you avoid M$-software and OS, the crucial part of the problem does not even exist!

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Chris M and and all others who, at the end of the first quarter of the real existing sifi era, are interested in skills beyond propaganda and advertising dumbing down… and for all others: maybe you can control ur gun and ur wife, but thats it! u are nothing like a weak loser 🤘🏻in that upcoming age.
cheers!🍸

https://www.propublica.org/article/microsoft-solarwinds-golden-saml-data-breach-russian-hackers

https://www.neowin.net/news/windows...rive-folder-backup-without-asking-permission/

https://www.zerodayinitiative.com/advisories/ZDI-24-581/

https://www.techradar.com/computing...arder-to-do-this-sadly-but-its-still-possible

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Paper is magical. It is called a form and it has five different different sheets, each different color and you just write on the top one and amazingly it transfers to all the others and then you get one color and somebody else can send another color and all goes with this beautiful beautiful room full of a box called filing cabinets.
And not only that it can last for and be read hundreds of years later!

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And not only that it can last for and be read hundreds of years later!
but it can be used offline and is therefore terribly difficult to monitor… so it is already half the act of terrorism… and if it is used for banknotes 😳🤯 O M G

Fazzie01

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Engineer
What is this magical thing you refer to as "paper"? Is that some kind of secured computer?
We always joke at work that we are a multi-billion dollar company that has gone completely paperless as we lug around huge binders of quality records for each unit because it's the only thing that we can trust to be accurate.

CP0861

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
I need to get my truck serviced and have the transmission looked at (again). I called last week and they said they weren't scheduling....they'll call me when up and running. I'll call again tomorrow, but so far, I haven't heard anything back. That was a local Ford dealer.

Also, I just bought a 2nd car....I called the Lexus dealer where it was purchased/maintained to get some copies of service records and they said they can't do any of that....system is down.

So yeah, it's legit, going on 2 weeks now.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I need to get my truck serviced and have the transmission looked at (again). I called last week and they said they weren't scheduling....they'll call me when up and running. I'll call again tomorrow, but so far, I haven't heard anything back. That was a local Ford dealer.

Also, I just bought a 2nd car....I called the Lexus dealer where it was purchased/maintained to get some copies of service records and they said they can't do any of that....system is down.

So yeah, it's legit, going on 2 weeks now.
I think it depends on the Dealer, as I have had 2 (service) appointment recently for a warranty issue (Seat), yes, it's back to old school but they are functioning at least.
I go back for another when (parts arrive)
Good Luck, hope they just Replace the Tranny and be done with it.