Low Speed Shudder - 2022 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor

Dieseldean1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Hey Everyone,

I recently purchased a 2022 Ranger Tremor in early April. I have been loving the truck, but can't help but notice the low speed shudder typically until 10-11 mph. I have read through dozens of forums regarding TSBs, and various "fixes," but unless I am wrong there does not seem to be a concrete solution to fix this..

The truck is still under factory warranty. Is it worth going and having my dealer perform a TSB in hopes that I am one of the lucky ones? I have thought about swapping to the single piece driveshaft instead of the factory 2-piece, but I would rather not void my warranty.

Let me know your thoughts!

IMG_7833.JPG
Could be that the carrier bearing needs to be shimmed. Maybe too steep an angle where the rear drivelines meet.
Sponsored

5thranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20ranger
Occupation
driver
Hey Everyone,

I recently purchased a 2022 Ranger Tremor in early April. I have been loving the truck, but can't help but notice the low speed shudder typically until 10-11 mph. I have read through dozens of forums regarding TSBs, and various "fixes," but unless I am wrong there does not seem to be a concrete solution to fix this..

The truck is still under factory warranty. Is it worth going and having my dealer perform a TSB in hopes that I am one of the lucky ones? I have thought about swapping to the single piece driveshaft instead of the factory 2-piece, but I would rather not void my warranty.

IMG_7833.JPG

[/QUOTE

Last edited:

5thranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20ranger
Occupation
driver
Take it back to where you bought it and make them fix it.

Bobby-C

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Local 1 Chicago IL Ironworker (retired)
Hey Everyone,

IMG_7833.JPG
Use the warranty before it's gone.
Sponsored