System Admin

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
There is a single bolt at the top center of the back under a fabric tag that hides it from sight. Remove the bolt and the back easily lifts out. No tugging necessary. I had previously removed the headrests as no one ever rides in the back.

I removed the vents and covered them, then reinstalled. Depending on how you decide to cover the vents, removal may not be necessary.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
There is a single bolt at the top center of the back under a fabric tag that hides it from sight. Remove the bolt and the back easily lifts out. No tugging necessary. I had previously removed the headrests as no one ever rides in the back.

I removed the vents and covered them, then reinstalled. Depending on how you decide to cover the vents, removal may not be necessary.
I'll take your word for it. I removed the bolt, but there appeared to be something else holding them in place, they wouldn't budge. Wouldn't be the first time though that I did something wrong. Took me a long time to discover that both headrests posts had a latch. I tugged and tugged on them and they just don't want to come out unless you release both latches. :)

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
I'll take your word for it. I removed the bolt, but there appeared to be something else holding them in place, they wouldn't budge. Wouldn't be the first time though that I did something wrong. Took me a long time to discover that both headrests posts had a latch. I tugged and tugged on them and they just don't want to come out unless you release both latches. :)
Maybe you got the new "Improved version"! Did you try lifting up and then out? I have empathy for you. I find the my 2020 Ranger to be harder to do most things that I do in my 2005 Ranger. And the 2005 was much harder to work on than my 1996 2.3L Ranger.

Then again, maybe it is me just becoming an old man!

Toby Keith - As Good As I Once Was
Sponsored