Motor Trend 2024 Ford Ranger Vs. 2024 Toyota Tacoma: Ranger Wins!

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Same for me. Soon as I saw the headline my first response was "Not even gonna bother reading it. Freaking Taco fan boys everywhere." But I couldn't resist.

It's a Ford F***ing Ranger for the win!

GhostStrykre

First Name
Bowen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I’m still watching through this, but based on the comments the TFL guys liked the Ranger best as well:

I remember like a year ago on the 6g forums I commented that the new ranger looked pretty meh. I was also disappointed in the lack of a long bed crew cab option. Some Aussie came in and said that’s how everyone there felt until the truck arrived. It really surprised everyone with how good it was. He figured that could be the case in the US too. Seems like the Ranger is off to a good start!

Now if Ford will give me a damn crew cab+long bed option they’ll have my attention!

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I'm going to go look at the new 24 Tacoma tomorrow just to see if i like it or not. I miss having the manual transmission and since my truck is now just a weekend toy why not. They look bigger and more boxy than the previous generations

Reactions: Doc

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I'm going to go look at the new 24 Tacoma tomorrow just to see if i like it or not. I miss having the manual transmission and since my truck is now just a weekend toy why not. They look bigger and more boxy than the previous generations
Dealership experience sucked so i was agitated by the time i even got to drive the thing. Try to be upfront with them and just say i want to look and drive it before talking about anything else , and they immediately want to talk about everything else. Not a fan of the seats felt like i was sitting to low even with the height adjusted for my legs. Manual was smooth and quiet, easy to shift. Power was comparable to the ranger, Ranger might have a little more on the low end. Interior was kind of goofy very boxy. Ranger looks like it might have more rear passenger legroom. Sticker was 42K on a SR quad cab 4x4 Didn't seem like a very good value for the money.

Reactions: Doc

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Dealership experience sucked so i was agitated by the time i even got to drive the thing. Try to be upfront with them and just say i want to look and drive it before talking about anything else , and they immediately want to talk about everything else. Not a fan of the seats felt like i was sitting to low even with the height adjusted for my legs. Manual was smooth and quiet, easy to shift. Power was comparable to the ranger, Ranger might have a little more on the low end. Interior was kind of goofy very boxy. Ranger looks like it might have more rear passenger legroom. Sticker was 42K on a SR quad cab 4x4 Didn't seem like a very good value for the money.
Ok while we're on the subject of goofy and boxy, gonna be very very difficult to outdo this goofy boxy offering from Hyundai.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...ed-santa-fe-marketing-campaign-302045694.html

But it is effective marketing and like the new Taco people will be flocking to Hyundai dealerships to buy the goofy boxy thing.
Sponsored